Chap5

They entered a part of town that only the wealthy ever trod. Naruto knew that he didn't belong there, but Sasuke did.

"We'll head to my house." The stoic boy said, eyes still on the road. "We can wait til the heat is off but we can't leave until then. The cops are probably stopping every car and searching them for anyone present at the race... GOD, how did they find out?" Sasuke slammed his palms on the steering wheel. Naruto was taken aback by Sasuke's sudden out burst but didn't say anything.

'Sasuke's house, huh. I bet it's a ten story tall mansion with maids and whatnot. Spoiled brat.' Even with these thoughts, Naruto had to admit that he was looking forward to seeing Sasuke's house. The car drove past a pair of opened gates that led to a large driveway. The midnight-moon sent night shadows creeping over the road. The moon, peaking through the trees that lined the driveway, set a sort of quite ambiance. Spotting lights up ahead, Naruto turned to Sasuke for conformation of their arrival. Sasuke had a softened expression, like that of someone content with a full day's work and finally returning home. The mansion came into full view now. It had only a few lights on but the moon helped outline the house. The huge, two story, double door, billion car garaged estate loomed above the red sports car. Sasuke noticed that Naruto's eyes grew to twice their normal size, drinking in the view. A small smile of satisfaction spread across Sasuke's lips. Finally pulling into the garage, Sasuke parked the car and proceeded to get out.

"Naruto...NARUTO! We're here. You can get out now." Sasuke threw Naruto a superior smirk.

"I....I know." 'I'm just worried about ruining something of yours. The floor itself probably costs more than my house.' Naruto got out of the car tentatively. He saw that Sasuke had already left and was entering the house.

"Come on, I'll show you where you can stay." Naruto followed obediently.

Lush white carpet covered the floors, expensive pictures hung on the walls, and many priceless looking pieces of furniture and sculptures filled every room. Naruto was impressed, to say the least. The two boys walked up one of the double stair cases that were the focal point of the main parlor.

"Dammnnn...this place is AMAZING!" Naruto wondered allowed. Sasuke smirked again. "Where is the rest of your family? Surely they wouldn't like it that their o-so-precious son was out til midnight." Sasuke didn't smirk now.

"my parents died when I was a kid. I live alone." Sasuke's quiet tone was laced with something...sadness?

"Sooo...do you have any siblings?" Naruto tried to lighten the now sullen and awkward mood.

"Yes. A brother."

" What's his name? How old is he? What does he look like? Does he live here with you?" Many questions began to fill Naruto's head. He had no idea as to why he was suddenly so interested in Sasuke's life.

"Itachi. 26. Like me but older. And he does live here but is never around." Sasuke almost seemed mad for some reason. Finally stopping in front of a door, one of many in the never ending hallway of emptiness, Sasuke opened the door.

"This will be your room for the night. You can borrow some of my pajamas if you want."

"Ok...sure. Where's your room?"

"The last room on the left. If you need anything, just come and ask." Sasuke turned and headed toward his room leaving Naruto alone in front of the open door. He finally went in and turned on the light to find an enormous guest room, the size of Naruto's entire apartment. Completely awed, Naruto proceeded to run around his room looking and touching everything. He then spotted the biggest bed he had ever seen. It was huge, made with pure white silky sheets, and had a wrought iron canopy. He then proceeded to jump on it with sheer child-like glee. Knowing he was acting like a fool, Naruto jumped off and decided to go get some PJs from Sasuke. He entered the hallway and went to knock on Sasuke's door.