Chap10

Hoards of people crowded their way through streets filled with cars. The sun beamed brightly as it scorched the land beneath it. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura had arrived in Abashi City the night before and were now checking out the many wonders the city had to offer during this prestigious event. Girls giggled as the sensuous brunet walked by but quickly hurried away as he sent them a murderous stare.

"Hey, why don't we get some ramen for breakfast?" The blonde flashed his 100 watt smile.

"Dude, Naruto. We are not eating that crap on this trip." Naruto frowned as the brunet shot down his proposal.

"How 'bout we get some of the local food. I hear they have some cool stuff that we don't get in Konoha." Sakura offered brightly.

"Sure, why not."

The three-some pushed through the growing crowd to find a local restaurant. They entered a hole-in-the-wall type joint that looked like it may have good food. Once settled at the bar, the three glanced over the menu to see if any of the meals resembled ramen.

"God, what is this? I can't understand what any of these meals are made of." The blonde sighed. A sweet voice came from over the counter as the three tried to decipher what the restaurant actually served.

"May I take your order?"

"Um...ya. Just give us three plates of whatever is best here. Ok?"

The waitress disappeared behind a door which looked to lead to the kitchen. Meanwhile, Sasuke turned his sights to his new boyfriend. Leaning over, the Uchiha wrapped his arms around Naruto like a spider and nuzzled the blonde's neck. Naruto gave a small 'eep!' before blushing tremendously. Sakura had only recently; well, more like on the trip up to the race site; been filled in on Sasuke's and Naruto's relationship. Actually, she hadn't really been informed as to having been subjected to watching Sasuke cling to Naruto like a baby seal.

Sasuke usually never told Sakura as to what went on in his life but seemed to expect Sakura to figure it out somehow. It was like 'I'm feeling something at this moment; Guess what it is.' Though, this aspect of Sasuke's life wasn't hard to guess since Sasuke seemed to want to make- the living day lights-out with Naruto at every opportunity. Sakura was surprising ok with their relationship. At first she had thought it a little weird but when she thought about it, the two boys were made for each other. Sasuke was the polar opposite of Naruto and they seemed to complete each other. Naruto was loud, open, easy to read, and at times, naïve; while Sasuke was quite, reserved, unreadable, and a little arrogant.

The waitress returned with their meals, placing them on the counter. The posse looked at the food and nearly puked.

"W..What. Is. This?"

"I..I think...it's our food."

"Eeeww! It smells like....On second thought, nothing smells like this. It is in its own category of gross." Sakura wrinkled her nose as she pulled her face away from the offending bowl. Naruto looked closer at his meal but jolted back quickly.

"Oh GOD! I think it moved!"

Unbeknownst to Naruto, his little startle had caused him to bump into a fellow dinner.

"HEY! Who the fuck bumped into me?"

"Oh, I'm sor...."

Naruto had turned around to apologize when he abruptly stopped upon closer inspection of the man. The guy, who looked to be in his late 20's, was terrifying. Snake-like golden-green eyes peered out maliciously, pasty white skin and long black hair gave the man a sickening aura, and his face twisted in an evil scowl. Naruto gasped as pale hands grabbed his collar and lifted him off his stool.

"So," a deep voice slithered, "you're the punk who hit me."

"I...I said I...was sorry." The blonde was finding it hard to breathe while being held by the neck in the air.

"Well, I don't think that wil..." Sticky food oozed down the side of the snake-man's face as he stumbled after being hit with a bowl. The grasp on Naruto's neck was released and he fell to the floor.

"Don't you TOUCH my Naruto!" A livid Sasuke hissed. His bowl of food was now smothering the offender.

"Hey, Who do you think you are!" A young man, apparently apart of Orochimaru's group, stepped forward.

"Wait, I know you. You're that Uchiha brat. I bet you're here for the race, right?"

"Nooooo, I just like the food here." Sasuke's deep voice oozed with malicious sarcasm.

The snake-like Orochimaru finally collected himself off the floor. He then turned his piercing eyes on the group of teens.

"Well, I guess we'll be seeing each other at the race then. Won't that be fun? I'll leave you for now, but don't you think that you're safe." The slithering voice disappeared as the man left the food stand. The three teens watched with growing disgust.

"God, was that guy scary or what." Sakura wrapped her arms around herself and shivered.

"Hey, Naruto, are you ok?" Sasuke asked caringly. He walked over to the blonde and placed his hands on Naruto's shoulders.

"Um, ya. I'm good. What the fuck was that guy's problem? It was a total accident."

"Orochimaru? I've heard of him before. Everyone who's ever raced against him knows to stay clear of him. I heard that if you piss him off, you better watch out. I'd bet that he'll try to sabotage our cars in some way. Both of you, make sure to check your cars out VERY thoroughly before each leg of the race.

"Ya."