A Frightful Past, but an Exciting Future

A/N: This chapter will let you get to know Camila better. I know I didn't really tell you that much about her and her intrists in the first chapter, but here you'll get to understand the type off person she is and the struggles she has faced in the past.

Camila's POV:

I was at home by myself, studying at the desk in my room. And when I say "studying", I mean staring at my math notes, not turning the pages or anything. 

On the corner of my desk sits my snack; Pringles and apple slices with peanut butter. My mom had to pick Veronica up from school and take her to her dentist apointment today.

I really wished I was doing something else right now. Usually when I'm home alone, I sneak out and go places with Cayla. We would go out in her dads Sea Sprite Green 1955 Ford Fairline. (btw if you don't know what that looks like look it up, it's really cool)

When we were feeling like causing a bit of trouble, we would bring some grafiti cans and spray the insides of abandoned places. Or we would go i

But we didn't always cause trouble, no, no, no. Sometimes we baked together. We would bake tons of pastries and leave them on a random strangers doorstep around town. We've never been caught doing it, so if someone got a basket of treats, it would be called getting caked. The people called us The Mystery Cake Baker.

But I could be bad when I want to and I can be good when I want to. It just depends on my mood. I guess I get it from my father.

My father was a crimminal. Right now, he's in jail.

My family wasn't the richest family in town. Sometimes the electricity went out, we would have to use flashlights and candles to see inside the dark house. I remember once we had to live like that for a week because our family didn't have enough money to pay the electricity bill.

But then, it changed. My father had come home one day, wearing the biggest cheesy dad smile ever. During diner, he proudly anounced that he had gotten a raise at work. We were both suprised, since he didn't talk about work much, only when we asked.

Our lifestyle had changed dramatically after that. My mom was rocking her new handbags when we went out to the mall, The electricity bills were always paid, we moved out of our small apartment into a bigger house, me and Veronica had seperate rooms, and whenever we flew somewhere to see family for road trips, we would always fly first class.

This new lifestyle only lasted about half a year though. One day, my mom, my sister and me were out bowling. My father couldn't come because he said he would be at work, so just the three of us went. I then had an idea after we bowled, to go home and set up a surprise special dinner for when he got home

So, when we got home we got out of the car. My mom unlocked the door to reveal four suprising things:

1. My father.

2. 3 other guys sitting down with father at the table in the living room.

3. A duffel bag. Filled with alot of cash.

4. Plastic bags filled with white powder

My father had immedetly stood up a walked over to mother, saying, "It's not what it looks like!" over and over again. But she just stood there, frozen like a statue. She stood frozen in place for a few minutes before grabbing my arm while holding Veronica in her arms and led us out the door. 

We had gone to grandmothers house that night. It was a miserable day then. We heard mom crying about all night.

A few months later, things were back to the the way things were. The electricity went out from not paying bills, and we couldn't afford that much. But then, my mom got a raise due to her hard work, and now we live like a normal family does.

I guess I'm kinda like him, but not alot. The difference between us is easy to spot. I do things I could get arrested for for up to a week. He does things that could get him arrested for a long, long time.

I sighed, I really didn't want to do this! Who invented school? But most importantly WHY did they invent school?!

"I still need to do this. I can't fail her class." I said aloud. I grabbed my white flashcards in the desk draw. I started to grab my grey pen I usually use, however, I then remembered something. I leaned back in my roller chair and reached into my backpack. I pulled out the carrot pen I found earlier today. "I'm gonna write with this today." I said.

"Okay let's start with vocab terms." I looked at my notes and saw the first word. I wrote the word and definition on the index card with the carrot pen:

zero index

Number (not the same t0) to the power of zero is equal to half of two

After I finished writing the definition, I felt weird. I know it sounds weird, but I do. Maybe I need to go to the kitchen to get some water. I try to stand up, but I fall to the floor. "Ugghh.." I groan. I hold on to the desk, wobbling as I rise. I hold on to the door frame. I slowly walk over. I grip the other door frame, standing in the middle of the entryway. 

I then think I see something....glowing. I look behind me, towards my desk. That's where I see my carrot pen.....is glowing a bright yellow. I stare at it in shock. What kind of pen is this?! I must of picked up a voodoo carrot pen or something, because I'm pretty sure pens don't do that.

A second later, yellow sparks burst from the pen, into the air...and started coming towards....me. "Oh, fudge!" I screamed. I let go of the door frame and tried to cling to the wall, but I lost my footing and started to head face first into the floor. I closed my eyes and waited for impact but-

A few seconds went by. I opened my eyes slowly and blinked a couple of times. I was shocked to see that I wasn't against the floor.

I looked over my shoulder to see- "Sparks?" I questioned. The yellow sparks were holding me up...in the air! "That's definetly not something you see everyday..." I said. Then the sparks lifted me off the ground, and I rose higher, now upright in the air. 

I was then spun around. Faster, and faster, and faster. "Wha-What's happening!" I questioned I was then spun even faster. All I remeber was spinning and screaming, until my eyes slowly closed into darkness.

Word Count: 1172