Chapter 8: Thank God Mama Isn't The Designated Driver

Um???

What???

The fuck??

Did this woman seriously just tackle me, a five-year-old, to unconsciousness???!

Is this lady crazy or just dumb???

I came to a little while afterwards, slowly cracking my eyes open, my ears only just registering the sounds of hushed argument. I rolled my eyes over to see Mr.Sormude and Ms.Esquor arguing with eachother in a whispered fashion.

Esquor’s face was a bit flushed, and Mr. Sormude looked utterly unimpressed with her lack of self-restraint and, quite honestly, inappropriate behavior.

I was on a soft piece of furniture; the couch as it just so happened, and once I sat up, both of my teachers’ faces snapped up to face me, one with frustrated concern and the other with delight. The latter obviously had not learned from her actions and went to jump towards me yet again, but was pulled back by the collar by the more sensible of the two.

“Honestly, so you have any understanding of the concept of professionalism?! She has only just awoken, no thanks to you… Do you wish for her to be knocked unconscious yet again, you blithering fool?!”

Wow. Mr. Sormude sure could make his face an impressive shade of red.

Ms.Esquor halted in her actions and stiffened, before sighing, obviously relenting in her pursuit of my constant unconsciousness.

She then was released, and stepped forward. Her cheeks were tinted red, and as she gazed down upon my form, they seemed to pinken further.

“Hello, Yunano! My name is Ms.Esquor, I am your Combat instructor!”

I nodded my head, “A pleasure, Ms.Esquor,”

I blinked as she fidgeted, and she spoke up, “I -uh-... Sorry for knocking you out earlier! I definitely didn't mean to!” She then bowed.

I snorted silently, and waved my hand lazily, “It’s fine, no harm done. Shall we go, then?”

Ms.Esqour snapped back up, and steam seemed to puff out of her nostrils as she nodded sharply, one fist clenched.

I held out my hand for her to take, and she grasped it in hers, face a full canvas of red.

I nodded to Mr.Sormude as we left, “Until next lesson, thank you,”

He nodded back to me silently, and closed the door after us.

As Ms.Esquor and I walked down the corridor to the combat grounds hand in hand, she faced forward, eyes sparkling as we strode forwards.

She was easily pleased. Just holding my hand, and it filled her with this much vigor already?

Haha, she will be fun to manipulate.

We reached the combat grounds, and I was, honestly, thoroughly impressed.

There was a large raised area with various markings on the ground, the forest on the border. The wall that was facing the grounds from the building had a fold-out weapons stash.