014

As the day slowly continues, I spend the first hour in bed. Mario did ask whether I would want to have another room, but I told him I'd be okay to sleep in the same room with him as long as he doesn't snore too loud. Besides that I wanted to have two separate beds and I was happy that I got what I wanted, because now I can lie down in bed, having a major jet lag and Mario is on the other bed, playing a game on his phone that sounds a lot like Candy Crush. I didn't think he'd be the type to play this game, but then on the other hand, he is totally the type to play this game when he is bored stiff. I close my eyes once more and Mario had said he would wake me whenever we had to get ready for dinner. I actually stuffed myself with fruit and sandwiches when we arrived here, because that was the only thing I felt like eating.

        “Lilly?” Mario asks, “Are you awake?” I groan a bit to let him know that I'm technically awake, just not ready to come out of bed. “We have to get ready, the dinner is in half an hour and I don't know how much time you need.” I groan loader and turn around, face forward on the pillow. I hear some noises besides me and then I feel a hand on my arm. “Come on, you can sleep some more tonight.” I look to the side he was on and grin when I see his head, resting on the bed.

        “What if I don't want to go to this dinner and instead sleep for the next few days?” I grumble. He caresses my arm and takes my hand. I slowly get up and my head feels enormously dizzy and sleepy. And honestly, I really don't feel like getting all dressed up.

        “That is no option, because the World Cup will be starting in about two days and you're obviously invited to our games,” Mario says, kneeling in front of me. Like this, he is way smaller than I am, and it kinda feels odd, because usually he is way taller than me.

        “Oh, how honored I feel,” I say as I get on my feet and look for my suitcase. I throw out some stuff on the floor and I feel Mario's eyes piercing in me, “What are you looking at?” I grin at him and he lies down on the bed – my bed. “Shouldn't you be getting dressed?”

        “You're really awake for someone that I had to technically pull out of bed,” he says as he moves to the wardrobe where he stuffed most of his items in. I don't do that when I'm in hotels. I know we'll be moving around some more, because the first game is played here in Salvador, but the next game is played in Fortaleza. I don't want to put too much effort in cleaning up the hotel rooms. I'm way too lazy for that one.

        “It's only a matter of time before I fall asleep again,” I say and Mario takes out a suit and looks at me. Implying whether I'd mind him dressing up here. I shook my head and continued looking for something fancy to wear. I wondered whether the dress I picked was a little too much. I hear clothing scatter on the floor and I dare not look. I really don't mind seeing his practically naked body so close to me, but it doesn't feel right that I'd be looking. And by the time I'm sure he is wearing clothing again, I turn to him and show him my dress.

        “What do you think? Is it too much?” I blurt out and I'm really mistaken. He is wearing clothing. At least his upper body is dressed. But he isn't wearing pants. I don't know whether it is appropriate to look away now or to keep staring at his legs and well, other parts. So I quickly look at his face after having examined him for not too long, hopefully.

        “I think it'll look great on you, but everything does,” Mario says as he gets into the trousers. He buttons up his blouse and doesn't bother putting on a tie. I stand up and take the dress with me to the bathroom, not feeling comfortable yet to get undressed in the same room as Mario. I change my bra, one that looks good with this dress.

        After major frustrations with the zipper I call Mario to the bathroom to help me zip up. He doesn't hesitate and he is there within seconds.

        “Be careful though, the zipper is fragile,” I say and his fingers wrap around the zipper, trying to get it up. Either I have gotten too fat or the zipper is broken, but it doesn't completely want to get up. Sometimes, Mario's fingers touch my bare skin, sending a shiver down my spine.

        “There is goes,” Mario says as the zipper is all the way up and I turn around and look at him.

        “Thanks,” I mumble, “Do I look good enough?” I feel very insecure now, seeing Mario look amazingly good in a suit and there is me, dressed in a black cocktail dress that I wore just once or twice. It has some lace details and could possibly look really good on someone with more confidence than me. But luckily, Mario telling me that I look great and fantastic and he even mentioned hot and sexy once, made me feel better somehow.

        “Do you exactly know where we're going?” I ask him as we walk through the lobby of the hotel. Mario shakes his head at me and he wraps his fingers around mine, as we mix with the rest of the team. I look around me and I try to spot some familiar faces. I have done my research before coming here, I had to know some names, plus I was curious to know who that Erik guy was. I don't spot him, but I do spot the keeper, at least that's what I think. And his name is Manuel Neuer. I am not sure whether to wave at him or something, because he doesn't know me, so I keep myself in.

        The talking is loud...and German and I don't understand everything so I hold on tightly to Mario as we drive in a limo with some other girls and guys that I don't know. I don't really feel like introducing myself, however they ask me who I am.

        “This is my girlfriend, Lillian,” Mario says and I glare at him, “She's American, her German is not 100% yet, but she is working on it.”

        “Ah so you are the girl that stole his heart,” one guy says, “He's been talking about a mysterious lady for a few weeks now.” He extends his hand and introduces himself as Toni Kroos. He introduces his girlfriend, Jessica.

        “Wow...ehm...I don't know exactly what to say to this,” I mention, “Mario and I...well.” I shut up. I don't know what to say. I wanted to explain them that Mario and I might already sort of be together, but I got lost in translation, again. Toni and Jessica look at me and continue their conversation together. There is another, presumably, a couple sitting in the limo and they are quiet and don't hold hands. They listen to the conversations and then Mario starts talking to them.

        “That's Julian Draxler, he's a little quiet, but when you get to know him, he's really cool,” Mario says as we exit the limo after all the others. I was quiet the whole ride, because I was a) way too shy and b) my German and c) I have zero soccer skills and I would probably get really stressed out if they'd try to talk to me about that.

        Flashes and clicks and big crowds of people surround us as I try to stable myself on the high heels that I'm wearing. I try to smile, but I don't feel as comfortable around the camera as Mario or Toni. Julian and his (girl)friend have hurried inside. After a few poses it's also time for us to go inside and I'm glad we do, because I wouldn't have survived much longer standing on these shoes.

        Getting inside the restaurant was overwhelming. It was big, there were a ton of people. What I expected: one really big table where everyone was going to sit at and they would sit next to their families and talk and great things and everything. What I wasn't expecting: the entire restaurant has been booked and everyone gets to sit everywhere at a table with their families. I'm not sure which one I thought was worse. Either one included having to talk to his family and getting them to like me, because I'm pretty sure they already think I'm dating Mario, which I am technically not, but everyone thinks so. I don't mind. I like Mario more and more every minute.

        Mario places his hand on my lower back and we walk to our assigned table. Actually, it wasn't too hard to guess which one it is, because his parents and brothers were already sitting there. I smiled when I arrived there and sat down on the chair next to Mario's younger brother, Felix.

        “Nice to finally meet you,” he says and looks at me.

        “Well, we have met, but not really introduced each other,” I laugh, “I'm Lillian, but call me Lilly.”        

        “Felix,” he laughs, “but call me Felix.” Mario is hugging his mother and sits down next to me, placing a hand on my hand, that's resting on the table. I look at him and he looks back at me.