023

“Ehm. Lilly. I don't think you want to do this,” I hear a voice that is not Mario's. I blink my eyes a couple of time and when my vision isn't too blurred anymore. I notice it's someone else that's on Mario's team. It's Thomas. Thomas Müller. My eyes widen and I wonder what I did.

        “I didn't kiss you right?” I ask him, all stressed now. Hoping I didn't, because if Mario would ever find out, he'd break up with me. I mean if Mario kissed someone else, I'd break up with him, I guess. But Thomas shakes his head, “I thought you were Mario.” Thomas laughs.

        “Yeah I thought so,” he says, “Come with me, I'll bring you to the real Mario.” He grabs my hand, friendly of course, and he makes his way through the crowd of people. Thomas doesn't let me go, because he knows I might be a little drunk and when he spots Mario coming out from the toilets he smiles at him and gives him one of those manly hugs.

        “Mario, I think it would be best to take Lilly home, I think she's a little bit drunk,” Thomas says and he leans over to Mario and whispers something that I can't fully understand, but it's probably along the lines of: “She nearly kissed me thinking I was you...I don't see any resemblance.” And then they both started laughing. Mario looks at me and I think I'm kind of out of this world. I see things fly. Everything that happens after that, is kind of a blur to me, but I know that we ride home and that I find my way on the bed.

        The next few days are kind of a blur to me. I mean things must have happened and all, but I wasn't quite awake the entire time. I slept a lot, I felt horrible after the alcohol and I actually promised to never drink again. Mario was a cutie. He really helped me a lot. He pulled my hair up when I had to puke. But now I feel a lot better. I am actually able to move around without having to puke. I'm telling you. Moving from one hotel to another hotel when you're feeling sick is a disaster. Also, having to attend your boyfriend's football game when you smell all of the food around you, is also quite a catastrophe. I can assure you that Mario and his team won all the games, at least that's how I remember it. Besides that, well, I'm in bed now and Mario is right next to me. He is stroking my hair and lightly kissing my neck. I'm trying to concentrate on my breathing. Mario surprisingly didn't really bring up the pub situation anymore. I'm pretty sure I broke his heart or something, but he doesn't seem to care about that. Or he does and he just doesn't tell me. I didn't want to talk about it and I never wanted to drink alcohol ever again either, because this was the worst thing that could possibly happen and it happened. I try concentrate on the movie, but that's not really working out when a sexy man next to you.

        “Mario,” I begin, “I'm sorry for what happened you know.”

        “Hmm,” he mumbles, not sure if he is taking me seriously or not, “Do I seem angry to you?”

        “Not really,” I answer him.

        “That's because I'm not angry and it's because I'm glad you realized that Thomas doesn't look like me at all, and it was your first time in contact with alcohol, I mean, we've all done stupid things,” he says, “And of course, I'm a little sad about it, but that doesn't mean I don't like you anymore or don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore.”

        “Are you sure about that last thing though?” I ask him. I had been thinking about this for a long time, because I know that he was somehow sad about it, not heartbroken, but sad, and I want to give him the choice to be with me or not be with me. I don't want to force him to stay with me, just because he has no time to grieve with this entire World Cup thing happening.

        “I'm sure about that last thing too, otherwise I would have never said that,” he says to me and kisses my neck, “Just please don't drink so much alcohol anymore, I would prefer to avoid the situation happening again.”