024

LONG EXPECTED CHAPTER PROBABLY ABOUT 3 MONTHS TOO LATE. Next one to update is Marco's story.

---

        Hands intertwined, we walk outside, wondering how long it would take before we would go back inside. I was cold, surprisingly, in the Brazilian air and I was tired and I wish I could sleep just a little bit more before the game. My head is throbbing and I feel a bit lightheaded. Mario squeezes my hand and he points at the people on the beach. I smile at him, but don't really answer.

                  “We have to go later,” Mario says as we sit on a little bench.

                  “I know, why do we leave so late this time, the game is tomorrow?” I ask him. He raises his shoulders and looks at me. He kisses my cheek.

                  “I don't know either, but there must have been some issues, at least we're training,” Mario answers. I smile at him and rest my head on his shoulder. “We'll just pack our bags when we're back, then at least we're prepared for anything.” I nod, which feels slightly odd when resting my head upon his shoulder and I close my eyes a little, taking up his scent.

                  The time is slowing ticking and both me and Mario sit there, quietly, taking in the environment, taking in each other's sight, scent and touch. It is romantic in some way, yet our quiet getaway is being ruined by some Brazilian teenagers that spotted Mario and wanted pictures with him. It's fine, it's not like I'm jealous with them. I can get pictures with Mario anytime, but why wasn't I making selfies with him, posting them all over facebook and twitter? In the meanwhile, I got to check my phone and texted both my mom and Carlie. I had a skype-date with Andreas tonight, he wanted to know how Brazil was and he did actually tell Lars that Mario and I were dating and apparently Lars is experiencing heartbreak. Andreas felt bad for him. He also told me Matthias and Viktoria hooked up. Gosh. Things that happen when I go away for a few weeks. Besides that, college will be starting in September.

                  Once Mario was done with the 7 Brazilian girls and mostly boys, he took my hand again and we walked back to the hotel that wasn't too far away. We started packing and preparing for our flight to leave at night, at least that's what Bastian told us. He had informed us that there was something from with the flight schedule and that we had to be done in at least an hour, so both Mario and I started rushing and running to our hotel room, until we both bumped into each other and ended up on bed.

                  “So how long do we still have?”  I ask him.

                  “About 8 minutes,” he says while looking at his watch.

                  “I think we did pretty okay,” I say and I give him a high five. I get up from the bed and readjust my hair. I don't want anyone to think that I had a little dirty adventure just before we left. I was getting a bit more comfortable around everyone, I was just not so used to the attention of the paparazzi and all the people asking for Mario's attention, although I was getting that last part. I wouldn't mind having attention all the time from Mario either, I just didn't mind being alone sometimes either. Mario grabs me by the waist and pulls me onto his lap and starts kissing my neck.

                  “What are you doing? You don't need to do your hair,” he tells me in broken English.

                  “I do, I don't want anyone to think we had a little adventure before we left,” I answer.

                  “Who says we didn't?” he says and starts nibbling on my earlobe, which tickles. I roll my eyes and get up from his lap. I extend my arm as a gesture that we probably have to leave soon. He takes my hand and pulls himself up and once he reaches eye height he kisses my lips and lets go, just a little too soon. I'm still swooning as I walk behind him through the halls. Some of the other footballers catch up with him, like Lukas and Julian. But there was no Lara to be seen. I look around me and some of the girls were there, but still no Lara.

                  “Have you seen Lara?” I ask them. Lisa shakes her head and the others are obviously too busy with themselves. And then I finally see her, at the back of the group, sauntering. I wade through the girls, who did find me rather annoying, but I end up at Lara.

                  “Hey,” I mumble. She looks at me and her eyes are teary and red.

                  “Hey,” she says back, quietly, “I'm going home.” I look up at her and she nods, “I'm sorry, but I can't handle the pain of being here near Julian anymore.”

                  “I understand,” I say and we stop in front of the elevator that is stuffed, so we take the next one, “When are you leaving?”

                  “Tomorrow, I first have to settle in another hotel and then I can finally go. There were no tickets available for today,” Lara says.

                  “If you want, I could sit next to you on the plane, I don't think Julian would mind sitting next to Mario for a bit,” I say.

                  “Thanks, I'd like that,” Lara says. The next few minutes are quiet and I don’t dare looking next to me, afraid Lara is in tears or anything. I am not great with handling crying people, but I try to help them anyways. The elevator beeps the door opens with only one person in there. Lara and I step in and some other girls too. And some people whom I don’t know. Mario is already downstairs and preoccupied. I feel bad for Lara, I wish she could stay here in Brazil, she is kind of my only female friend in this group, so I’m disappointed that she can’t stay, but I’m sure we could possible skype maybe. Talking about skype, I should really arrange a meeting with Matthias, I want the dirty details of him and Viktoria. We step in the elevator and wait until we reach the floor we have to be on. My mind automatically switches to the things that happened with Mario a while back and it seemed not so far away. I want it to happen again and honestly I want it to happen now. When do you know you love someone, because I don’t know if I love Mario enough to jump in bed with him – scrap that. That sounds rude. I don’t know if I love Mario enough to make love to him. I mean, you have to love someone to have sex with someone. I have little experience. I mean, the last time I had sex with someone wasn’t a fantastic experience either. And then there was Carlie who had kept my hopes up very high, but I was actually disappointed. Perhaps it’s great if you do it with the right person, who knows. The elevator beeps again and the doors slowly slide and I follow the group outside, taking Lara’s hand, because I see her eyes swelling up again. I see Mario looking at me, from top to toe and I feel myself blushing, I look at Lara and I see her covering her eyes, pointing outside. I see the paparazzi and I’m hoping we’re able to get outside in the other bus  without the cameras catching a glimpse of everything that’s going. The mannschaft moves outside and we shuffle behind them. We make our way in the bus and settle down. It’s a good thing we get to sit in another bus than the guys. It’s not like it’s way less loud or anything, because honestly, girls can talk. And loud. Extremely loud. But that’s not that bad. It can be fun if there wasn’t a situation going on. Because now everyone decides to sit around Lara, while the driver brings us to the airport. They try to calm her down and ask her what had happened between her and Julian. She stands up for him. She doesn’t want him to look like the bad guy in the situation. Because he isn’t. He’s a good guy, he is just not the right guy for him and Lara was really looking for someone to settle down with.

                  “Don’t worry too much okay,” I tell Lara when the other girls have moved back to their seats again. She looks me in the eyes and I see that she is worried. She is really worried. And I’m sure she doesn’t want to go yet, but she also feels like that it is the best thing to do at the moment.

                  “We will videochat right?” Lara asks me. I chuckle and hug her.

                  “Of course we will,” I say, “What friend would I be if we wouldn’t do that?”  The drive to the airport goes on rather slowly. And I had wished it to go faster right now, but of course it wouldn’t. I was texting Mario meanwhile. How pathetic we are. We are separated but he wants me to update on Lara’s situation. Lukas has been talking to Julian for the past half hour, that’s all he says. I hope Lukas can get in some sense in that brain of his, as long as he apologizes for hurting her. It’s not like that would any difference at all, but it might make her feel better. Knowing that it’s not her fault.