Chapter One

When Jade got home, she went quickly to talk with a friend, telling her best friend over text as to where she was going.

"You can't be serious, it's dangerous there!" Hannah replied.

"I have no choice. I'm telling you because I trust you, and incase I don't come back. It was nice knowing you." Jade said, closing her eyes to remember all the times the two of them had together.

All the games the two of them played, the times through thick and thin that they'd turn to each other for guidance and support, talking about their dreams and worst fears. . . she simply couldn't imagine life without Hannah. But Hannah would have to imagine life without her.

Jade sighed, laying back in bed and wondering what could be so dangerous in the studio that the rumors could have sprouted. She'd look it up, but she didn't know the name of the studio. No one seemed to.

Guess if i'm going somewhere like that studio, I should prepare some survival things. The basic necessities seems okay. Jade gave herself a small nod, getting up and finding an old book bag which used to be used for school things. Now it'd have a new purpose, Jade decided as she emptied it of any trash which had lingered within it.

She hadn't necessarily needed to sneak, due to being home alone because her mother worked night shift, but she did anyway, wanting to keep the near silence of the house.

In the pantry, Jade grabbed a few packs of fruit snacks and ome granola bars, and on the counter, Jade grabbed a flashlight. She decided water could wait, seeing as by the time the morning came, even if it were 5 in the morning, the water would be room temperature. No one wanted that.

Last but not least, for the evening preparations, Jade went down to the garage, and got her bike out, hiding it under a tarp just incase overnight, someone would come try to steal something.

"Alright. . . I guess i'm as ready as i'll ever be for tomorrow. What makes that studio so dangerous, anyway?" Jade murmured, asking no one in particular.

Going back into the house, Jade went and took a shower, and afterward, sat in bed, staring up at the ceiling in the dark and listening to her favorite song, "Clair de Lune."

Sure, it was only piano music, but maybe that was what made it so graceful.

She didn't stay up too late for an average friday, going to bed at around 9:30, but that was because she intended to wake up at 4 am, and get to the studio in plenty of time to be ready.

She didn't know what those students were quite capable of, but she knew they were capable of something. Something awful, her gut told her.

She awoke the next morning to the sound of her alarm clock beeping in it's cruel, monotone beep which would stir anyone from their beautiful dreams, such as the one Jade had of running through flowery meadows under a clear, starry sky.

It only took a moment for her to remember the cruel reality she had to face today. Carefully, she snuck outside, remembering her mother would have been home by now, grabbing water bottles along the way as she headed out, and locked the door behind her, hiding the key under a matt.

She ran around to the side of the house, and to her relief, the bike was still there. Pulling it away from the house, Jade fully put her bookbag on her back, which before it had been resting on one shoulder, and she mounted on her bike, and kicked off.

She coasted through the empty countryside on the down hill towards the town. It was empty of life, say for the occasional calls of an owl, and maybe a car or two every once in a while. To town, it was a decent half hour bike ride, provided there would be breaks for walking. Jade decided she would take no such breaks in a time like this.

She sighed as town was finally in sight from her bike, and the trees were slowly coming to an end where woods ended and city began.

Taking a few turns, it seemed too soon for the teenager that she was on main street, coasting right toward where she needed to be.