Chapter Fourteen

Deep in the realm of dreams lurked Jade as she slept the final night in the safe house before going to suggest to moving forward. She was in the halls of the studio within this dream, but nothing in this area of it seemed familiar. Jade walked forward, further into the unknown area. She hoped to find something familiar. The hall she went down lead to some kind of grate leading into some kind of shaft with chains hanging down it. It was large enough to fit the massive Ink Machine, with the chains in the proper place to be said machine. The echoes started to fill the air.

She decided to not wait for the machine, and the unpleasantness to her heart it brought with it and continued her way down the hall. Soon enough, it came to a dead end with some kind of little stall. On the top of it read Little Miracle Station. The door looked like it had been torn off. Suddenly, her heart started picking up at a rapid rate, and she turned just in time to see the demon slash the back of her neck.

This caused her to jolt awake, letting out a yelp. Her heart was perfectly calm despite the fear she had just felt. She just sat there, wide awake in her bed for a moment, panting hard and trying to recover from the thoughts of the nightmare. After a minute or two, Jade got out of the bed and walked out of the room. The sound of music played on the cassette player echoed through the safe house, which she soon found the source of in the main room of the safe house. Boris was there, sitting at the table and tapping his foot to the beat of the music. Jade sat in the chair opposite of him, and Boris smiled.

"Good morning! How did you sleep?" The wolf signed before going back to tapping his fingers to the beat along with his foot.

"Could have been better. . . those darn nightmares again. . ." Jade muttered, running a hand through her hair. Boris looked a bit concerned, but Jade replied with, "Don't worry, I'm fine other than that. There is something I'd like to ask you, though."

The wolf leaned a little closer to Jade to show he was listening.

"I've been thinking about escaping this place. . ." she trailed off as Boris's ears lowered. "I wanted to know if you wanted to come with me." This made the wolf's ears raise back up as he went into thought. Perhaps he was thinking about the positives and negatives about leaving the safe house, where they were. . . well, safe.

Boris eventually nodded, and signed, "We can't stay here forever anyways, it's getting harder to find soup for us. Probably now is the best time to go forward, You're healed. I'm just glad I'm not being left behind again."

Jade smiled at the fact she now had a companion to venture forth with, but then a question came to her mind. "Have there been people here before?"

The wolf nodded. "They went on to Trial Three without me. I was too afraid to go alone. . . I feel like such a coward." After signing this statement, Boris's ears lowered in shame as he averted his gaze.

"You're not a coward, Boris. Don't worry about it. A coward probably wouldn't have taken me in because they'd be afraid I'd hurt them or something. Even if I was injured." She attempted to reassure her friend, and when his ears lifted back up to their normal position, Jade knew it worked.

"Let's at least eat before we go, we'll probably need our strength for what's ahead." The wolf signed before he got up, got a few cans of bacon soup, and started to prepare some breakfast for the two of them to eat. During her stay, Jade no longer measured days by time, since she didn't trust the Bendy clock in their shared room to be accurate, but instead by how long she had been awake and how many times she had eaten during the day. It wasn't exactly the most accurate either, but it was surely better than nothing. Once everything was prepared, the two of them sat together at the table and ate, both tapping their feet to the music playing. Jade had been rather grateful that Boris seemed to love music as well. It made her stay a bit more enjoyable while she waited for her wounds to heal, and made the silence and isolation a little less boring.