Episode I: Homecoming

[Scene: The room occupied by silence when Ansh fall asleep. The bright sunlight reflected from the window went on Ansh's face. He opened his eyes, looked around and placed a right palm on his chest. A sound of the opening door gained attention - a doctor, and the nurse arrived.]

Dr Dev [following the protocol]: Good Morning Ansh. I am Dr Dev, your surgeon.

Ansh [shaking hands with him]: Hello, [with a faltering smile] I was not expecting that I live more.

Dr Dev [with indifference]: Miracle still exists. I am in charge of your case. How are you feeling now?

Ansh [settles in straight posture]: Good. [Noticing a young doctor's physique] You had given such a high-risk surgery. You might be nervous, right?

Dr Dev: Age cannot grow into a handicap to complete one's service. If doctors themselves suspect in accepting challenges, then who will console their relatives?

Ansh [appreciating]: No ifs and buts, you are professional in your work.

Dr Dev: Huh! Professional. Sometimes, emotions work stronger than professionalism.

Ansh [shaking head]: I don't get your words.

Dr Dev [takes a deep breath in and out while reading the reports]: Forget it. [Janvi and Abhay entered.]

Dr Dev: Mrs Janvi, you need to complete documentation formalities first. After then, we will discharge your husband.

Janvi [rejoicing]: Thank you, doctor.

Dr Dev: No problem. And one more thing, I will often meet him at your home and take checkup to make sure of his good health.

Abhay [interrupting]: I guess your gesture sounds an unnecessary formality.Dr Dev [giving him the once-over]: Who are you?

Abhay: I am his friend, Abhay.

Dr Dev: Sorry Mr Abhay, but my profession says, "This formality is a mandatory gesture."

Ansh: Okay, fine. You can come.

Dr Dev: Don't forget my prescribed medicines.

Ansh [nods]: Sure.

[Abhay and Janvi took Ansh to home after a few hours, and entered the hall.]

Janvi: I know you become tired. Let me make lunch for you.

Ansh [shows his back before her]: You shouldn't take such problems. Now, I am fine and take care of myself.