Episode VIII:Confession

[Scene: Sara, return home where her mother waited for long hours.]

Mom: Dear! I hope you got an enjoyable experience at the University.

Sara: [with courage] Yes, the event remains memorable. Mom, I cannot join you for lunch.

Mom: Why?

Sara: I need to sleep because of headache; loud fest makes exhaust.

Mom: Take rest in your room, and I will come in 5 minutes.

Sara: Okay.

[After a few minutes.]

Mom: I have brought lunch. After finishing your lunch, [giving forward a tablet] take this croceine tablet and then a nap for 2-3 hours.

Landlady: [narrating] She started feeling better. She engaged herself in routine work. During dinner, she joined her parents as she always does.

Sara: Mom [pause], Dad [pause], I want to declare something.

Dad: What do you want to say, dear?

Sara: We need to leave Bangalore soon.

Mom: But why?

Sara: [sudden happiness] Because I got a job.

Dad: What! How? When? I mean, congratulation.

Mom: [holding her face with both hands] Sara [kissing her forehead] We are proud of you. Now, I am going to call the whole Vrindavana.

Landlady: [narrating] Giving such a piece of good news, their happiness becomes beyond the world. They went to sleep after the tire of spreading this news by calling to everyone. On the other side, the night was long for Sara.

Sara: [aside] [curls herself into foetal position] This decision can take me away from Ansh. Still, I would go against my heart. I cannot afford to lose the trust of my parents again. I could not lie anymore. Before leaving my home, I want to make a pending confession to Ansh at any cost. Otherwise, this question would inflame me for my entire life. If he rejects me, I would be happy to get rid of any confusion on him and his friendship.

[Scene: Ambivalent students waited outside the examination hall.]

Abhay: [rubbing nape of his neck] Ansh, are you ready for the exam?

Ansh: [pushes the chest out] Yes! [Waggles eyebrows] Are you?

Abhay: [fake smile with dismissive hand wave] Yes! Yes!

Ansh: Let me ask a question.

Abhay: [flinches] Why you always become unfair?

Ansh: [laughing] I know you better.

Sara: Hello, everyone.

Abhay: Oh, Hello! Are you prepared for the exam?

Sara: Yes, but yesterday my flow gets slow to revive the syllabus.

Ansh: [bowing his head] I am sorry for spoiling your yesterday.

Sara: I am fine. Ansh, I want to ask something from you.

Abhay: Oh, come on, Sara! We studied together for the whole five years. I knew very well your level of clarity in the concepts - no need to tangle yourself.