▪ Hunger Games▪

-HUNGER GAMES AU-
+Aura Kim - District 13+

Aura was panting as she trudged up the hill towards the hall center. Today was the dreaded day for District 13 and for the rest of Panem, today was the day where a girl and a boy from every district would be selected to participate in the Annual Hunger Games. Today was the day of the Reaping or better known as Reaping Day.

For the first 4 or 5 districts, this day is celebrated. It's what they've been training their whole lives for but for the rest, it's like mourning day. The girl or boy selected is already planning out their funerals. There's absolutely no chance for anyone from the lower districts to survive against the districts closer to the Capitol. None at all..

"There you are. Where have you been? It's almost beginning.." Her best friend, Yoongi spoke, dragging her by the arm to where the peacekeepers were checking identities. If you failed to show up, You're as good as dead.

"I don't want to see who gets selected, Yoongi. It's a whole bunch of crap and bullshit."

"Shut up, you're going to get yourself killed." He hissed, pushing her to the line. Grumbling, she walked up and allowed her blood sample and her fingerprint to be taken before heading to the lines. She couldn't see her brother anywhere and she'd be damned if he were to be chosen.

Her brother, Kim Taehyung was only 17. He had one more year left until he wouldn't be eligible for the Games, much to Aura's relief. There was no way in hell that she'd let her brother compete but if he was chosen, there'd be nothing she could do.

Her sister, Jennie Kim was there too but she was much to young to compete yet. She was only 8 so her name wasn't even in the bowls. She spotted Jennie with her mom, thankfully. She couldn't see Taehyung yet and it worried her.

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on him..." A familiar voice spoke. Looking back, she spotted Kim Seokjin, her oldest brother. He was 21 years old so he was over the limit to compete.

Nodding, Aura went into place and waited, boredly listening to the national anthem. Finally, an eccentric looking lady pipped up from where she sat on the chairs, smile too fake to be real and actions to fabricated to be authentic.

"Welcome to the picking of the lucky boys and girls of District 13 for the annual Hunger Games!" She spoke, her wig shaking weirdly. Aura fought the need to chuckle. She looked around and spotted Yoongi, sending her a look. Smirking, she turned away and pretended to be interested in what the crazy lady was trying to say.

"Ladies first, shall we?"

She walked over to the bowl on her right and rummaged around before pulling out a piece of paper.

The air was tense as she unfolded the piece of paper, her fake smile faltering as she read the name.

"Aurora Kim?" She read from the paper before looking up. "Aurora Kim!"

Everyone looked back within the crowds and spotted the girl. She was well known within the community anyways with her tremendous quality of her kills from the forest nearby. The crowd cleared a path for her, each one grateful it wasn't them.

Scowling, she walked up, anger in her every step.

"Congratulations, Aurora Kim! You will now represent your district in the 80th Hunger Games!"