Trailer || Quiet Reign

She was driving through the night

To where? She didn't know either.
She just wanted to go away. Far away from the place where she could never find herself or be even remotely happy.

She looked at her dashboard and sighed. She was running out of gas. And by the looks of it, there seemed to be no gas station nearby.

She stopped her car on the side of the abandoned road, getting out and slamming the door shut, locking it with her key after killing the engine. She walked a fair bit before plopping down on the dry grass, not giving a damn about the insect that could crawl over her.

She let out a huff, her blue dyed fringe floating away from her forehead for few seconds before falling gracefully back down. She swept her long blue hair from underneath her,  spreading it out above her head on the grass.

The crickets chirped, calming her evergrowing nerves. She looked at the night sky and for the first time, she admired it. She had never gotten the time before but now that she had, it mesmerized her, awestruck her. She had never seen anything as beautiful.

The stars twinkled overhead, the moon sending down beams of shimmering and subtle moonlight. She closed her eyes and sighed again, finally letting the lull of the chirping crickets send her to sleep.

"Quietly, He's creeping into my dreams, turning them into subtle nightmares."

"But this nightmare is one I can never wake up from unless he releases his hold."

"The devil works hard, but he works harder to keep me in his clutches."

"Either way, Hell is where I'm gonna go in my afterlife."

"Heaven doesn't want me tainting their pretty white with my crimson red."

☆☆

[EDITED]

Vote | Comment | Follow