Part 8

"It sounds good, I have to admit." Dave said, after listening to what Stevie and Lindsey had recorded. "I'd say it even sounds close to being finished."

"You do?" Stevie asked, sitting back in her chair. "I think we need a couple more days." She glanced at Lindsey. "Some of the parts need to be redone in my opinion."

"Really?" Dave frowned. "Stevie, I'm not sure we're listening to the same thing."

"I'll know when it's finished."

In truth, she needed a couple more days with Lindsey without his presence being questioned. If the song was done, it would mean he'd have to go home and Stevie wasn't ready for him to leave yet.

"Yeah, I agree." Lindsey added. "I know I can do a lot better with some of the guitar parts."

"Well, I'm not going to argue with the both of you." Dave laughed, shaking his head. "I'm going to lose."

"Smart man you are, Mr. Stewart." Stevie smirked at him.

Lori joined them, telling them that dinner was ready. Everyone gathered in the dining room and there was not a seat left untaken. Lindsey was surprised, when Dave started a conversation with him, asking Lindsey, how his album was coming along. And Dave actually sounded interested. Lindsey didn't feel so left out for once and while he didn't exactly like the man, his answered consisted more than just of a few words.

Meanwhile, Sharon and Lori sat at either side of Stevie, beginning their own interrogation of a different kind. However, they had to talk in hushed voices, so certain someone wouldn't overhear.

"It's been a while since he put a smile on your face." Sharon said, moving food around on her plate. "You seem very relaxed around him."

Stevie knew, who he was instantly. "There's something different about him. I'm really enjoying having him here."

"I hope you're not enjoying him too much." Lori gave her a pointed look.

"We haven't, Lori." Stevie said, reaching for her glass of water.

"Not yet, you mean."

Stevie rolled her eyes, asking her. "Are you jealous or something?"

"Me? Why would I be jealous?" Lori laughed, shaking her head. "That's crazy you would think that."

"When was the last time you've been with a man?" Stevie looked at her the same way Lori did moments ago.

"Oh my God, Stevie, it's got nothing to do with that!" Lori disagreed, her cheeks turning slightly pink. "Besides, if he was the last man on earth, I wouldn't let him touch me."

"What makes you so sure, he'd want to touch you?" Stevie smirked, embarrassing her friend even further.

Sharon couldn't help a laugh escaping, Lori glared at her. "Oh, so you're going to gang up on me now?"

"Well, Stevie might be right." Sharon shrugged. "Maybe it's been too long and you know those two are going to go at it, once we leave."

"Jesus... We're too old for this shit." Lori sighed, rolling her eyes.

"I'm sure Dave wouldn't say no." Sharon leaned in, whispering. "If he's not ogling Stevie, his eyes are on you." She winked at Lori.

"He's married."

"Oh, but you are interested?" Stevie teased, causing Lori to sigh heavily.

"Let's change the subject." She said, hoping that was what was going to happen.

After dinner, everyone started leaving. First it was the filming crew, then the band. Dave lingered around longer than necessary, walking out the front door even after Sharon and Lori did.

It was just the two of them again. Stevie couldn't help thinking what was it going to be this time that would interrupt them. She stood in the doorway of the living room, leaning against it as she watched Lindsey. He had his acoustic guitar laying in his lap and she was almost jealous of the instrument. His hands were supposed to be playing her.

"Hey." Stevie spoke up after a moment.

Lindsey looked over his shoulder at her. "Hey."

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing." He shrugged. "I was waiting for you to see everyone out."

"Well, it's just you and I now." She said, looking at him.

Lindsey held out his hand for her and she took it, walking around the couch to join him.