Part 9

"Linds." Stevie placed her hand on his chest, shaking him gently. "Linds, wake up."

"Hmm, wha-" He stirred from his sleep, looking down at her. "I fell asleep?"

"You did." Stevie nodded her head, chuckling.

"Well, you've always been a bigger fan of the old romance movies than I have." He smiled, pulling her closer as his lips pressed gently against her temple. "Oh, no. I missed the ending."

Stevie gave him a look. "Don't be an ass. Besides, I've forced you to watch this movie a thousand times, you know exactly how it ends."

"Can't argue with that." Lindsey shrugged, standing up to his feet after Stevie turned the TV off. "Good thing I got some rest." He smirked, circling his arms around her waist.

Smiling back at him, Stevie freed herself from his embrace and took him by the hand. Without a word, she led them upstairs and to her bedroom. Nothing and no one was going to interrupt them now. She stood on her tip toes, cocking her head to one side as she leaned in to kiss him. He responded without hesitation, drawing her closer. She then pulled back, just to look at him.

"What?"

"Nothing." She shook her head slightly. "I missed you."

She didn't receive a verbal reply, his lips pressing against hers again. "I want to undress you."

"Well, I sure hope you do." She laughed lightly, her hands stroking his upper arms.

"No. I want to take my time, I want to look at you."

She cast her eyes down, but he tilted her chin up, kissing her for reassurance.

First, he removed her blouse for the second time that day. Bending over a little, he kissed her neck, before leaving tiny kisses on her collarbones, while his hands caressed her back. One sneaked to the clasp of her bra and let it fall down to the floor. One arm wrapped around her, he held her while the palm of his hand covered her breast, the pad of his thumb brushing over her nipple. Giving her a kiss first, he then got down on his knees in front of her. Hooking his fingers around the waistband of her leggings, he slowly brought them down along with her panties. He didn't look, kissing her middle, every stretch mark she despised. His hands traveled the length of her thighs, before he squeezed her behind firmly, giving her cheeky grin. He noticed tears in her eyes, but his actions made her chuckle softly.

"You're beautiful, Steph. I want you to believe you're the most beautiful woman in the world." He said, getting up on his feet, now towering over her.

She didn't pay such close attention while taking his clothes off. She needed him, she needed and wanted him without any delay. Climbing onto the bed, she beckoned him with her finger, while scooting up over to the headboard. She lay down on her back and he returned home between her legs.

"I know you have doubts." He said, cupping her cheek. "But I care, I always have."

"I do know." She whispered, nodding her head.

Kissing her lips, he thrusts his hips carefully. A small gasp passed through her lips and he waited, what she told him in the morning on his mind. He began moving slowly, once she wrapped her legs around him. His thrusts were slightly controlled at first until he knew she was starting to enjoy them.

He wanted to hold her. Pulling out, he lay beside her and she knew to turn on her side. Lifting her leg over his, he entered her again, wrapping his arms around her as she arched her back a little, meeting his every move.

"No one compares to you." He whispered, kissing behind her ear.

They weren't having sex. It wasn't after one of the shows, in one of their hotel rooms. It wasn't quick, they weren't in a hurry. They weren't afraid they might get caught. For the first time in a very long time, they made love. At that moment, she didn't care what was going to happen next. She was happy they still meant so much to each other.

"I love you." He told her even though she had asked him not to.

Those words seemed to have been enough. Clutching his hand in hers, she froze as she held her breath, shutting her eyes. But he didn't stop, only slowing down slightly as he rode out her orgasm with her, before allowing himself to experience that incredible sensation as well.

They lay together, in that same position for some time. She didn't want to move and he didn't plan on letting her. Turning her head slightly to look over her shoulder, she said. "I love you."