-Chapter 24

The next afternoon, the nurse comes into my room. “I think you’re healthy enough to go home.” She says. “You may need to come back for rehabilitation, but you’ll do fine.”

I'm speechless. Finally, I'm going home.

Anthony and Ian seem very excited, as they're on the edge of their seats.

I then remember that I was trying to sell the smosh house.

Anthony smiles. “I'm moving in again Ian!” He rubs my shoulder. “Finally, Smosh is back together!”

I get up and help pack my things. I've got a slight limp, but it's better than nothing.

“I put the house up for sale.” I say remorsefully.

“It's not anymore. I organized it all. I moved in again when you were in a coma.”

“WHAT?”

“It's true. I hoped everything would line up like it did.”

I can't believe this -Anthony is such an incredible man. “You know me very well.” I say, smiling at him.

“I've also been sneaking out when you're asleep and going back there.” He confesses.

“I don't mind. It's our house!”

He clasps his hands together. “That's great.”

We finally finish packing, and Anthony calls the nurse in to announce that we're leaving. Anthony hands me a cane. “Use it.” he demands. He knows I'll try to make excuses as to why I shouldn't use it. I give in, because Anthony has done a lot for me. As I am about to walk out the door, I feel the tiniest bit of embarrassment because I have to walk around with it (c'mon, canes are for old people. Am I right?)

A stranger approaches us.

“You're Ian Hecox right?” She says, shaking my hand. I don't know how this lady knows me, but I just go along with it.

“I sure am.”

“Amy Johnson.” She says shaking my hand. “You're the luckiest guy I've ever known. You survived a bullet wound to the head, heart and spine. They said you'd never walk again – yet here you are.”

“Yes. I was lucky, wasn't I? I guess it wasn't my time.”

She laughs. “Indeed. Well, nice meeting you.”

I walked out of the hospital with Anthony on my arm, and little Ian by my side. That lady really opened my eyes. I am the luckiest guy out.

I look to Anthony. “Did you sell your house?” I ask. “Just out of curiosity.”

“Yup.” He says, trying to concentrate on where he's going. “Now where did I park? Oh that's right.”

“What do we do after this?”

Anthony reaches into his pocket and grabs out his keys and my flip-camera. He brandishes the camera in my face. “I know exactly what we are going to do. We're going to start up Smosh again. You better be hungry Ian.”