-Chapter 27

Such a stressful week! Every day has been so repetitive. I’ve woken up, had breakfast, helped Ian get ready for school, brushed my teeth, waited for Anthony to get home, practiced for food battle.  Picked Ian up from school, dropped him to soccer practice, practiced for food battle. Picked Ian up from soccer practice, helped cook dinner, practiced for food battle, eat dinner, practiced for food battle, and go to bed at 3am totally exhausted.

I’m so fucking sick of it already. Not to mention that I can’t act anymore.

I’m sorta jealous of Anthony though. I’ve noticed his acting skills have drastically improved.

I also notice that I have trouble remembering lines, because of the bullet to the brain. I don’t know how I’m going to do this.

On the bright side, Ian junior is making friends at his new school. And he was so excited when we said he could join the local soccer team that he was so enthusiastic about.

So we take him to soccer practice three times a week, and he plays a game on Saturday. He’s very talented, you know.

Enough about my son!

I sit at the table, sipping my tea. I don’t really like tea much, but it helps me concentrate.

“You’re going down Anthony!” I say to myself. No, that doesn’t sound right. I say it again in a different tone. That doesn’t sound right either.

Anthony appears out of nowhere, grasping a steaming hot coffee in both hands.  “Need help?” He looks concerned, like I’m not going to be able to pull my act together before Tuesday. He’s probably right.

“I can’t do this Anthony.” I sigh, taking a swig of my tea.

He punches my shoulder. “Sure you can dude.” He laughs. “You’re over exerting yourself. And the fact that you’re sleep deprived probably doesn’t help either. Go the fuck to sleep Ian, its 3am.”

“You sound like my mother.”

“GO! NOW!”

I do what Anthony says, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to sleep a wink tonight. Filming is in one day. How am I going to do this?

I crawl into bed. Honestly, I’m so exhausted. Anthony’s right, I’m overdoing it. I really need to relax. Tomorrow, I’m not going to practice my lines as soon as I wake. I’m going to spend time with my son. Maybe let him skip school and take him to the park. Get to know him better.

I lay awake for who knows how long, and after a while, Anthony joins me.

“Can’t sleep huh?” Anthony says, making himself comfortable.

“Nah. I can’t stop thinking about Tuesday.”

“I believe in you Ian. You’ll pull your act together at the last minute, you always do. And when you do, it’ll be awesome.” Anthony entwines his hand in mine. It’s nice that someone actually believes in me.

The next thing was a surprise to me, but I actually fell asleep, holding Anthony’s hand. And for once, I didn’t dream of food battle.