Sleepover

When she arrived at Ayano's house, Midori froze. Why was Ayano trusting her this much, honestly she had no answer to that pending question in the back of her mind. Sticking the key into the door, clicking it right and walking inside. She was taken aback when she looked into Ayano's house, it was so modern and pretty. The sofas looked soft and the TV was a massive flat screen.

Suddenly, she felt the ache of her wrist. Sure, she hadn't cut too deep...but it didn't stop it from stinging like a bitch. Looking around the house, she found a door with a sign that made it more than obvious that it was the bathroom. Literally, the sign was a little ducky with Japanese kanji. Midori couldn't read kanji, but she knew what the duck meant.

Walking into the bathroom, she quietly saw the medicine cabinet. It was quite high up and she had to grab a nearby stool in order to reach, but she got the bandages and painkillers down. Wrapping the bandage around her hand, she pinned it with a paper-clip. Sighing, she carried the little pill out into the kitchen and got a drink of water to take the painkiller with. After that, she decided to rest on the sofa and watch some television until Ayano returned.

Looking at her phone, it looked weird without the red ribbon to compliment the green shell of the cover. She went onto the school's website and read the comments. People were just talking about random gossip, such as the recent closure of the drama club due to Ayano causing Kizana to commit suicide as well as killing a random student. Meanwhile, Ayano, herself, was in the cooking club as feeding students help improved her reputation with the other students.

It wasn't long before a knock at the door was heard, Midori got up and opened it for Ayano. "Having to knock at my own door, kinda pathetic. How's your arm?"

"It....hurts a bit, the ibuprofen h-hasn't kicked in yet...." she admitted the evident truth, looking down at her injured hand. "I...was just w-watching television until you returned....I didn't want to look....at any of the rooms. In case you had things you wanted kept secret....."

"Well....I have a few board games, if you want to play them," Ayano's voice was emotionless, but it was clear that she wanted something to do. "Club activity was pretty lame, all we did was make a cake and share. Saki enjoyed it, but the complaints from Kenko was a little annoying to deal with."

"W-what kind of board games?"

"Monopoly, for example?" she made it into a question, curious to see if Midori knew the rules of the game. After all, Midori's slower development rate due to her mild mental disability would definitely slow her ability to understand rules.

"Oh, I love that!" Midori's smile brought a smile to the dark haired serial killer's face. "Where is the game, I'll fetch it."

"It's quite alright, I'll get it. After all, you're the guest," Ayano chuckled, almost in disbelief that Midori was so willing to do things for her. Somehow, she felt like she could be normal around the girl. Even feel emotions, which she had no explanation for. Heading upstairs, she found the monopoly box under her bed and went back downstairs to play with Midori.

The pair played the game for a few hours, with Midori winning the majority of the games. This frustrated Ayano, but the sight of the smile of the girl's face kept her from complaining. After all the shit that she had put Midori through....the green haired girl deserved to be happy. Stretching out, she noticed that it was nearing 7 o'clock. "Want takeout?" she asked, putting the game away.

Hearing this, Midori blinked and smiled with a nod. "Alright!" she looked so genuine happy, even with the pain that her arm was evidently giving her by the look in her eyes.

Once she heard the agreement, Ayano ordered the food from a cheap fast-food place that she could get easily. Paying the money, she walked to the dining table where Midori was waiting for her. "Here," she said, putting the food bag and then dishing up. Digging into her own food, she watched as Midori began to eat with a look of pure happiness. "So, I'm assuming that you're staying over for the night. Well, you have two options?"

Tilting her head, Midori didn't say anything and gave that look that told Ayano to just plain continue. "Okay, so either you share my bed..or one of us takes the couch if you prefer. Honestly, I don't care much if you wanna share. Your choice."

To say she was surprised would be an understatement, but Midori smiled and she would have hugged her beloved childhood friend. "I...can't believe this myself, but I want to sleep in the same bed as you. Nothing else about it....just want the comfort of someone else in the same house, but remaining in a bed."

Ayano hadn't considered how lonely Midori must have felt, as she never really cared that her own mother and father were overseas. "Alright, I said it was your choice," she got up after finishing her meal. "I'm gonna head to bed now, it's not hard to find. Just upstairs and it's the door with a pink sign. If you can read kanji, my name is written on it."

Nodding in response, Midori watched as Ayano headed upstairs. Honestly, she could just go up there now and go to bed. But she had a few things that she needed to do first, sitting back on the sofa. She got her phone out and texted Mai, hoping to reconcile their friendship. She typed her message, short and sweet in pure hope.

Midori: I'm so sorry for quitting the club, hope we're still friends? I should have talked sooner.

Mai: Whilst you just surprised me with the text, I'm not mad. You probably had your reasoning, so I'm not upset. Pippi's a little disappointed, but she knows that you still love Pretty Miyuki and you're more that allowed to join us with capturing the monsters that spawn around the school.

Reading this message, Midori's eyes sparkled with tears as she choked back a sob. She was so happy to know that Mai and Pippi weren't mad at her. But that didn't solve the problem with Gema, honestly. She was aware that she couldn't rejoin the club, school rules and all. But, she hoped that Gema would still let her be a honorary member or something.

Midori: What about Gema, though?.....He yelled at me earlier for leaving the club.

Mai: You know what he's like, he's a little too abrasive. Even for us in the club. Give him so time and let me talk to him, so don't worry too much. What you doing right now?

Midori: Remember when I told you about my childhood friend, Ayano Aishi? Well, I'm having a sleepover right now.

She didn't wish to admit the real reason that Ayano had offered for her to come over, saying anything about her previous attempt at self-harm disturbed her and actually scared her that she was capable of hurting herself now.

Mai: Have fun~! I'm gonna head to bed, so night.

Midori: Night, Waifu-chan.

Yawning, she decided to also head up to bed. Walking upstairs, she found the door with the sign that Ayano had mentioned. Almost grumbling as she looked at the kanji symbols, unable to read them. Opening the door, she walked inside and looked over to Ayano. It was obvious that the dark haired girl wasn't asleep, as she shuffled a little on the bed to give Midori space. Since she didn't prepare for a sleepover, she just removed her slightly bloody uniform and stayed in her underwear as none of Ayano's clothes would fit her.

Getting into the bed, she settled down next to Ayano and stayed quiet as she looked into the dark. She never found a decent way to fall asleep, so she just laid there for a while. Closing her eyes, she eventually drifted into the world of sleep. Blackness coated her vision and she began to snore gently.