Love

At the hospital, Ayano was sat on a bench next to a bed. Said bed contained the almost lifeless body at Midori, supported by a life support machine. Having lost a lot of blood, she was on a drip to try and restore her needed fluid. Meanwhile, Ayano was broken with tears as she was so worried about her beloved friend. Why.......she could have gotten herself killed.....or....she might not survive. She's such an idiot...but....

She honestly couldn't finish her thoughts, looking pitifully at the girl laying in the bed through blurred eyes. A nurse that was changing the drip looked down at her with sympathy, gently saying with some confidence. "Don't worry, sweetie. She'll be fine, it wasn't a serious wound by any standards. She just lost a lot of blood, which is why she collapsed," her comforting voice soothed Ayano quite a bit, leading to her handing a quiet 'thank you' in response. It had calmed her down, knowing that Midori would indeed be alright. But she couldn't shake off the feeling that Midori would have been fine if she hadn't been such an idiot.

She thought back to the police investigation, Kokona had texted her about it and said that it was discovered that 2 bodies were dead on school ground. Sure, she knew that much but she was curious by the next part. It was like a murder suicide as the knife had the fingerprints of Megami on them. Then she remembered, she was wearing clothes from the drama club at the time that she had stole to keep DNA off the weapons. That helped to know, 'causing a minor sigh of relief to escape when she remembered the text messages.

For a few hours, Ayano just sat there in silence. She knew Midori couldn't hear her and even if she could, she had no idea what to say. Her throat was sore from crying, much like her tear-stained face. She still couldn't fathom a clue as to why Midori saved her, any sensible person would have let the girl who was forcing her into these horrible situations die. Sighing, she got up to get a drink to try and sooth her throat when she heard a cough from behind her. Turning back, she saw Midori's beautiful emerald eyes open. Wait, Beautiful?!

"Yan-chan?...." her voice was weak, but there. Forgetting all about her drink, Ayano ran back and hugged Midori for her own comfort as well as the green haired girl's. "....Wha...?" it was clear that the younger girl didn't understand the hug, having never received one from Ayano.

"Thank goodness, I was so worried," came the admittance, Ayano was, honestly, terrified of her new emotions for the green haired girl. They seemed stronger than when she was around her beloved Senpai.....or she thought 'beloved'. Why was she killing in the first place? Because of her inheritance? Love seemed so unreasonable to murder over. Great...now I'm acting unlike myself. I killed way more than 15 people over these last few weeks with no remorse. Yet....now I feel....something that I don't understand. For everyone I killed....except Megami. I feel sorry....

Obviously, she didn't relay any of these new thoughts to Midori as she just stayed holding the tight embrace for a little while as tears leaked down her face. Eventually, she pulled back and in a moment of anger she let some emotions loose. "Why did you do that, you could have gotten yourself killed?!" her voice was harsh, but low in tone. Like she was struggling to stay angry.

"I..." Midori wasn't sure if she should answer, fearing the response. Maybe Ayano would finally finish the job and put her out of the misery of knowing she'd never be the dark haired girl's girlfriend. But something deep inside of her fought back, telling her to just say it. "I......I love you, Yan-chan!" she gasped out, letting her emotions loose right then and there.

To say she was shocked would be a high understatement, as Ayano stood there without a word to response with. Midori liked her?! It seemed like a alien thought, even though it was completely natural. "...Y-you like me?" she whispered, almost as if to confirm what she had just heard even though she heard it loud and clear.

"Yes....I have for so long....its hard to remember when. B-but I only really realized it recently, you are so pretty and.....dare I say kind. I.....almost felt like people misunderstood you and that's why I wanted to befriend you. Then I did and you made me feel so....happy, I had something there for me. Even when my parents didn't want me....I....just wanted to feel loved. I...know that you don't feel emotions for anyone other than senpai, but....I can't help it. Yes, I love you, Ayano Aishi!" the tears that escaped Midori's eyes spoke truth of her words.

In all her confusion and doubt, Ayano knew one thing; she wasn't even sure how she felt anymore. Midori's words.....touched her heart, which she thought was frozen over for everyone that wasn't Senpai. Was she wrong about the one she loved, did she want to love Midori now. She didn't know what to ask, so she just let it up to fate and forced her lips against the bedridden girl.

Unable to process what had just happened, Midori laid there with wide eyes for a few seconds before relaxing and easing into the long-wanted kiss. Sure, they had done so before....but it wasn't the same. This one was full of genuine passion and love that she felt so delicate under like she was just going to melt at Ayano's gentle touch. Eventually they parted, as Ayano managed a smile to match Midori's giant one. "I....guess I can give this a go."

"Thank you! I love you, Yan-chan......always have and always will!" if she could get up from the bed and embraced the dark haired girl, she would and she knew Ayano was well-aware. But just the kiss alone was enough to make her the happiness girl in the world, even though it had been pretty unexpected for her. She definitely couldn't wait to continue this new lifestyle, with a new girlfriend. Maybe first, she could prevent Ayano from killing anyone anymore. Yeah, that'd be prefect.

Aw, ain't that cute. Okay, this whole story took like 2 weeks to write even though it's all going up on the same day. I think it's decent.....maybe not the best and the ending does feel a little rushed, but I felt like Ayano's trust in Midori was build up quite a bit.