D.P.O-2

I fly shakily through the sky above the town. My whole body hurts after the fight I just had. The GIW convinced Mom and Dad to work with them and I almost didn't make it out of there. Doesn't help that I just finished fighting Johnny and his shadow.

I see the house and almost cry in relief but am stopped by the shield. With no way of getting in I make a split second decition before my patents see me. I change and drop to the roof, rolling a few feet and groaning. I use the last of my energy to change again and faze through the ceiling into my bathroom, then change back.

My hand lands on the mirror and leaves a bloody smudge as I strip and turn on the shower. I have to sit because I'm shaking so bad and slowly let the water wash away the excess. Images begin playing through my head.

'"Thats it Johnny I'm done playing." I yell and let out my ghostly wail. He and his shadow go flying and hit a tree and I suck them up. I stop to breathe and wipe the green blood from my face. I got a cut above my eye and it hasn't stopped. Just as I turn to leave I'm hit in the side by a blast that sends me flying.

I scream at the pain and tealize I've been hit with an ectoranium blast. When I look back I'm surprised to see mom and dad with the GIW agents. "Oh great, just what I don't need." I start to fly off and am hit again and role down a hill. With no choice I begin running and turn invisible though my blood trail is visible. Once I'm far enough away I float into the air.

"Stop right there, you evil ectoscum." I hear mom yell and am hit with another blast landing on the roof with her. At this point I can feel the affects of lossing blood. "Please, you don't want to do this. I'm only trying to help, and not all gho-" I'm hit directly in the chest and fall off the building, crashing into the concrete.

After a minute without breath I manage to gain it back and faze through the wall and hide in the corner. They'll have to come through the door so I wait for footsteps and then faze back through and take off flying as fast as I can..."

I come to when I feel the cold water, and slowly climb out of the tub. The pain has turn into a deep numbing ache and I can't catch my breath so I curl beside the sink and finally cry.

There's  a frantic knock after a while and I lift my head an inch to see Jazz rush in. She freezes when she sees the room, then me. "Oh Danny..." I see the first aid kit in her hand and give a dry chuckle before groaning in pain. "I don't think that's gonna fix me." Her lip trembles and I feel bad and try to stand only to fall back down. "My healing is in overdrive trying to mend everything at once so nothing is healing really. I think I may have a punctured lung cause I can't breathe very well."

"Danny you need to see a doctor, or your gonna bleed out." I cough and nod. "Call...call Vlad, see if he can help..." she hesitates but nods. "Hi, Vlad is Jazz, yeah Danny is in trouble- oh my." Vladd appears in the bathroom eith us and his eyes widen when he sees  state. "Hey...froot loop." I manage.

"Oh little badger, what on earth happened?" He asks worriedly. "Um, my parents are now working with GIW. They caught me after a hard battle with Johnny 13 and Shadow... they have ectoranium blasters and you know mom's a great shot. I also fell down a hill, off a roof and had to land on this roof from above the shield...amoung other things."

"I'll kill them for hurting you. We've been enimies but I do care about your well-being, hard as it may seem." I shrug and wince, then shiver when I hear them yelling for me and Jazz. Then the door bangs open and there stand mom, dad behind her, and they are shocked at the scene. "Danny what on earth happened to you...why are you so hurt? There's no way a ghost could get in, we have the place on lockdown." I shrink back ever so slightly as she takes a step closer. "Um, uh, I..." I trail off into a coughing fit. "Daniel...these marks...are in the same place I shot Phantom...OH!" Her eyes widen in horror and dread. "Danny no, no please tell me..."

I feel the tears before they role down my face and put my head down. "I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you...but the way you and dad always talked...it uh, happened when I had the accident. I don't really know what happened but I essentially became half ghost..."

She slumps to the floor beside me and I can't help but flinch, she did shoot my multiple times, and treatened me many other times. "Oh baby, I'm SO sorry. I never knew, I just...I let passion and hatred cloud my vision. How could I not know. You two look so much alike and your names, oh sweetie..."

She pulls me into her arms and I wimper and flinch back. "Pl-please don't...don't touch me. I-I'd like to go stay with Vlad. I don't really feel safe here anymore." She backs up and I know she's crying but I can't find a place in me thats not scared of her now.

"I-if that's what you want sweetie, but you have to know we would nev-" "but you did. All that mattered was that it was a ghost. You didn't care that I wasn't evil, or that I was only a teenager...you just want to hurt me, catch me, and disect me. And whats worse is that you teamed up with those evil people that call themselves the government and knew I was only half ghost but didn't care. Though I guess they didn't tell you that, huh?"

Vlad picks me up and sidesteps my parents. "Don't worry, I'll look after him. I'm going to keep him out of class for a while but once he goes back I'll keep track of his studies, and hunting so he's not worn out all the time because his time management skill do suck." I can't help but chuckle at that. "This isn't goodbye but I have to get away for a while, okay? I have to get myself back to normal then I might try to come back around to see you guys so until then." I say and Vlad changes before fazing through the wall and flying back to his mantion.