D.P.O-9

I was flying over the park when I'm suddenly blasted down. This usually happens once a week, one of the ghosts wanti mg to play around and fight. Most of the time we fight and they go home, though I sometimes have to suck skulker into the thermos. The only real problem is Vlad. He pops up sometimes and really kicks my butt or vise versa and then runs out with a grin.

But its been getting worse the last couple of weeks. He's fighting non stop, at the end of every day and it's begining to wear on me. "Look froot loop, I get you don't like me but I am still a kid. Lay off would ya?" I grumvle and stand up. He lands and I notice his face looks evem more void of emotion. He's looled like this the past week, and it really creps me out. "Your a menace ghost boy, a no good, do gooder, who's trying to play hero." He says and shoots a lighting ball at me. I grunt and fall to the ground groaning. "You can't beat me, and you won't stop me from taking over this town. I'm already mayor all it takes is a bad move and this town is in ruins." He shoots blasts of electricity and ectoplasm at me as he talks, and I barely jump up and dash off. Before I can fly off he multiplies around me and cages me in. "You will give up or die trying ghost boy, it is not up for discussion."

Then they all raise their hands and shoot me with elecro-energy blasts and I cry out and fall back to the ground here a snap at pain runs through my leg. He becomes one again and lands in front of me. I blink a few times because my vision is going blurry and I swear I saw a black shadowy figure behind him. Before he kicks me in the ribs and flies off.

I grunt and end up floating home to keep off me leg. I get to the house and land on the steps, changing back. My leg is really begining to throb and I manage to stand on my other foot and open the door, almost falling in. "Oh my, Danny!" Mom gasps and helps me onto the couch. "Uh, I was in the park reading a book and a ghost attacked. I couldn't get to safety fast enough. She helps me inside and fixes my leg, then carries me to bed. "Try to get some rest, we're going to Vlads for the weekend, thanks to your father." I groan before rolling over an managing to fall asleep.
--
--
The next day we pack and head off, me dreading this because I'll be closer to him now. I think back to last night and wonder what it was I saw. I know its jot Shadow because he doesn't go anywhere without Johnny, and he and Vlad don't associate with each other. Is there a new shadow ghost in town? I male a point to ask around the ghost zone about it. I look up when we pull up to the mansion. "Vlady!" Dad jumps out of the vehicle and Vlad sidesteps him and smiles at mom and I. "Madeline, Daniel! Great to see ypu both again." Mom makes a face but hugs him and I stand back wincing when I put too much weight on my leg. "Are you alright little badger?" He asks and I shoot a glare at him.

"Danny was at the park yesterday evening and a ghost attacked him. I told him to carry one of the weapons we made but he always thinks he'll be okay." Mom says and I look at Vlad confused when he makes a pained face. "Well, let's not dally. Lots of things in store." He says and ushers us inside. He shows us our rooms and I immediately tell mom my leg hurts and that I'll be going to beg early. I lay down and pull up my pants leg. The outside is healed but the bone is still mending. It'll take a couple of weeks beforw I'm baack to myself. I sigh and wonder whats up with the froot loop. He's acting stranger than usual. I also noticed he isn't flirting with mom either. Oh well I'm too tired to think about it.
--
--
I fell asleep at some point and wake in the middle of the night to a clatter. I rush through the walls, not changing form in case mom or dad shows up at a random time. I finally make it to the master bedroom amd hear cries of pain. I faze through the door halfway and see Vlad soaked in sweat and tossing in the sheets. He's mumbling something under his breath but I can't make everything out. I walk in and go closer but jump when he cries out. "Stop, stop, no...I don't...don't make me hurt him again!!" I give a confused look before my eyes widen when he sobs and I reach over to wake him.

My hand lands on his shoulder and his eyes fly open and a blue smoke puff flies from his mouth. He immediately changes and grabs my arm, throwing me into the wall across the room and aiming his hand at me. The breath is knocked out of me and my eyes widen. He freezes and looks at me strangely before changing back and lowering his now shaking hand. "Daniel? What are you doing here?" I blink surprised and say "you invited my family. I was asleep and woke up to a crash. I came here and heard you in your sleep...are you okay Vlad? You sounded like you were having a nightmare." I ask and he shakes his head and opens his mouth but I see a slight chang of light and his eyes harden. "It is none of you business quiet frankly. Go back to bed and don't worry about me."He turns around and I look in surprise before glaring. "Fine, you clearly don't need anyone worrying about you." I fly off anf back to my own room, laying down and wondering why his words hurt so much as I slowly drift back to sleep.