II : Top 10 - The She Devil

°°° Just to clear things up °°°
Yes, there is an age gap in this story
Y/n is currently 18 and Levi 28
+3 years to both from this chap on

°°° Just to clear things up °°°Yes, there is an age gap in this storyY/n is currently 18 and Levi 28+3 years to both from this chap on

°°°

Roughly 3 years have passed since the initial enlistment and we are all reaching the end. Today we do our physical assessment and hand-to-hand combat. Both categories will be nothing compared to the real thing so I'm certain I will do well.

Over my time within Wall Rose I have seen Levi around yet never approached him. As always he had this air of intimidation that both intrigued me and caused me to shiver. I have decided not to approach him until I have made it into the Survey Corps. I'll become a scout and then... I'll serve and protect him with my life.

My eyes had remained glazed over as my mind wandered. My mind returning to the present at the sound of Shadis screaming at Armin. I was up front with Mikasa, but occasionally I would slow down to check my comrades before returning to the front. Reiner had taken Armin's pack for him so I just nodded and went ahead.

After all my years of training it takes much more than this to wear me out. I smile a bit to myself as I go through the assessment as if it were second nature. I had passed everything with flying colors up to this point and didn't intend to stop here.

Eren catches up with me after I have slashed through the nape of yet another fake titan with ease. A soft smile still on my face, "Hey uh... Y/n... Looking pretty creepy smiling while chopping those cushions to shreds... What's got you in such a good mood?"

I tear my head out of the clouds and look to him still smiling, "hm? Oh nothing haha Just excited... Aren't you?"

He nods with a determined grin as he salutes. His fist hitting his chest with an audible thud, "Of course!"

I then return my focus to the test and continue on. Using the gear to fly through the trees reminiscing on how I had imagined it was like flying. I was right. Flying through the air the gear became my wings of freedom and I truly understood why the Survey Corps chose that symbol. They were frontliners in the battle to save humanity. To reclaim our freedom. I dance through the trees taking down numerous fake titans alongside Mikasa. Our speed and accuracy nearly matching. However, her technique lacked finesse. Something I only gained through years of rigorous training. I smiled to her acknowledging her skill as the test ends and we tie for top spot.

The deciding factor will be how we rank in the hand-to-hand combat portion. Later on, after we all rested, we walked out to the combat training area.

Not impressive. Each time I have seen it I only ever thought it to be a simple patch of dirt. Surrounded by a makeshift barbwire fence. I walked out seeing many others had already had partners. I had beaten several already: Sasha, Bertholt, and Connie and many others. Now I stood off to the side under the shade of a tree. Mikasa and Annie seemed to be the best among the group. It seemed no one wanted to choose me after seeing my previous fights so I walked out and tapped Jean on the shoulder, "Hey.... Fight me next?" I smiled sweetly.