V : Entice me, Captain Levi

Taking Back Trost : Recap

After discovering the cannon had fired on Eren I watched as Armin delivered a compelling speech followed by one of the most sincere salutes I have ever seen

After discovering the cannon had fired on Eren I watched as Armin delivered a compelling speech followed by one of the most sincere salutes I have ever seen. Commander Pixis of the Garrison regiment soon arrived and saved my friends from the crazy that had ordered the cannon to be fired. Who, by the way, was still not convinced.

Pixis soon announced his plan to the public. A plan I would later find out was Armin's. Hysteria. Those that escaped wanted to see their families believing this was the end of times. Not believing that humanity could now control a titan shifter. Commander Pixis must be a master strategist or elite in psychological warfare because he managed to defuse the situation within moments with words alone.

The plan was to use Eren's titan form to recapture Trost. He would have him block off the gate with the boulder then we would eliminate the titans within the walls of Trost.

Since I was assigned to the elite fresh out of the cadet training corps I was called to the elite squad that would be guarding Eren. It was obvious everyone was on edge at the risk of this mission, but it was necessary risk.

We ran into complications with Eren as soon as we arrived to our destination. He began to swing his fist at Mikasa and then himself. The group quickly losing faith began to demand retreat but our captain stood firm. Everyone split to kill the incoming titans while I stayed and watched over Eren. Soon Armin came and was able to get Eren back on task.

The smell of carnage was thick as I ran ahead of him leading him down the quickest path towards the gate. Titans were everywhere despite having most distracted in the corner of Trost. I killed one after another as I heard screams of terror that ended in death. Soon Mikasa rejoined our side as we approached the gate.

Another titan stepping through. I hear the captain give his final command to finish the mission. Rico swings in taking out the eye of the titan as I swing around it wildly cutting through tendons so that it can't grab or advance further. Mikasa goes in for the kill and we all move as Armin yells to Eren, "GO ERENNNNN!!"

Eren seals the gate with the boulder and slumps down sitting in front of it. Armin cut him out of the corpse as best as he can. Rico assisted when Eren became stuck and caused Eren and Armin to tumble down the body.

I turned around to go grab them. Mikasa at my side in an instant to grab Eren as I reach for Armin. As we grabbed them two titans appeared before us. I tried to use my gear to pull us back but it wouldn't work. As it reached out for me I slashed its fingers off as my best means of defense. I wouldn't be getting out of this alive.

Is what I thought...

A whirlwind of green material and raven colored hair spiraled around the two titans killing them in an instant causing them to fall before me as the figure landed atop the back of one and glanced back at us. It was him.