III : Chaos

My eyes go wide in utter shock and terror. The colossal titan I had only heard about until this point was staring down at me. Its massive teeth exposed from the lack of skin. As it let out a breath the hot air shot out like a gust of strong wind making a loud hiss.

Then it began erupting a searing hot steam from its body throwing everyone off balance, "Ah! It's hot!"

As I lose balance. I follow the force and somersault backwards wanting to escape the heat. I look up into the blue sky as I begin falling. The shock subsiding as I grab my gear and shoot hooks out and make contact with the wall. My body jerks slightly and my boots skid across the wall as I come to a hault.

That was a real titan. It looked right at me... Other titans are mindless and lunge at anything that moves in attempt to fill their disgusting bellies... But this one... It has purpose.

We need to think of a plan to prevent the repeat of Wall Maria, "Come on everyone! We can't just stand around and wait for it to bust through the wall! Let's move!" I sling my body up the wall flying into the air when suddenly a certain brunette joins my side.

"IT HAS TO BE NOW! WE END THIS HERE! KILL THE COLOSSAL AND SAVE WALL ROSE!!" His eyes animated as he looks to his comrades then eyes fiercely latching onto the monstrous titan.

He had such determination it shocked me. That inner fire was so strong and so sure that I couldn't help but grin a bit, "Don't get killed, idiot..."

As we land before the colossal it looks at us once again before attacking the wall. Kicking a hole into the wall and destroying the canons. As the canons are swept aside I use my gear to slingshot into the air out of the way, "What the hell!? Eren, I'm not crazy right?"

"No! That bastard--he took out the canons intentionally!" He starts screaming and going straight in to attack the nape.

I gasp as I notice its muscles twitch slightly. The steam!! Eren is too close! I shoot my hook and zip over grabbing him in a split second before he is engulfed by the steam, "Nng!" The steam hits my back a bit and I grit my teeth, "Dammit, Eren... What did I say!?"

He growls at me, "WE NEED TO KILL IT NOW, Y/N!" his body tense as he forces himself away from me. Hands in fists.

"I know... But we also need to make sure the people evacuate and more titans don't get in and repeat the disaster of 5 years ago." I step back dusting myself off. This is a mess.

Before I can continue he has darted off towards the colossal once again. I groan in response. He's my friend and all but this guy is so tiresome sometimes. I turn to help when suddenly... It was gone.

After the meeting with Woermann all cadets were put into groups

After the meeting with Woermann all cadets were put into groups. Our first objective being to protect the evacuating citizens.

Mikasa and I were specifically called to gaurd the rear. I want to do my best and be recognized. Levi strikes me as the type not to recognize someone he deems as useless. I want him to see me. As an equal. Someone that could have his back. Even if just a tool to survive. I don't care.