Chapter one

Lauren Jauregui is a  well respected and put together 17-year old. She earned all A's throughout grade school and was the student every teacher dreamed of having in their classroom. For the past two years, Lauren has been attending public high school in Boston. She liked her school. She even liked her teachers. But there was one thing, well one individual she could not tolerate. Her bully, Camila Cabello.

Camila was a troublemaker; she always mouthed off teachers, was sent to the principal's office, and even suspended for a fight or two; and out of all the prospective students in the entire school to pick on, she chose Lauren.

Since sophomore year when she started at her new school, Lauren has been Camila's target and she could not for the life of her figure out why. Lauren considered herself a nice person. She dressed well and never started trouble. In fact, no one besides her teachers seemed to notice Lauren, but Camila did. And not in a nice way. Whether it was calling her Lauren-the-boren, giving her a shove in the hallway, or shooting spitballs in her hair during class, it all amounted to her experience of hell in high school. What Lauren really longed for was a friendship. A companion she could talk to and would understand her and all her weird vices. It was now her Senior year and she knew if she had not found it by now at this school, she never would.

Lauren was walking to her first class when suddenly all three of the textbooks she was holding was pushed out of her hands. They thudded heavily on the tiled hallway and Lauren looked up, catching a sight she had grown familiar with. Mischievous brown eyes.

"Whoops. Sorry about that Boren," Camila snickered, as she continued on her way with a grin on her face.

Lauren frowned after her and bent down to retrieve her books. Unfortunately, it was a typical day for Lauren, and it was only the beginning. Camila would find another way to bother her. She just didn't know when, where or how.

The day seemed to carry on without incident, mostly because Lauren made sure to take a different route from class to class every day. A little trick she figured out. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Perhaps today was lucky.

Wrong. Her luck had drastically run out during Anatomy class when the teacher split them into partners. Her heart plummeted when the teacher announced her lab partner for the day was Camila. Lauren had been lucky not being stuck with the brunette this past year because of the majority of the time Camila either ditched class or was suspended. But not today.

When the teacher told the class to disperse and find their partners, Lauren immediately went up to her teacher's desk. "Mr Brooks?"

"Yes Lauren, what can I do for you?" He smiles pleasantly.

"Would it be an inconvenience if I asked to switch partners with one of the other pairs?"

Mr Brooks furrowed his brows. " Is there a problem?"

Lauren turned from her teacher and her eyes found Camila slouching back comfortably in a chair at the lab table.  She has already been looking at Lauren. An amused smirk curled her lips. Lauren felt slightly angered by the joy this situation brought to Camila and she turned back to her teacher. "Well, it is Camila, Mr Brooks. She and I don't really.... get along."

"Why Lauren... you seem to get along with everyone. Plus, you are the smartest one in my class and well... I think it will do Ms.Cabello some good to be able to work with you. She's.... a tad bit behind in her studies but perhaps a partnership with you will help her out."

"Um... I understand that sir. But I would really prefer someone else... please?"

"Lauren, I know she may not be the easiest person to get along with, as you say, but I would really appreciate it if you would work with Camila," Mr. Brooks spoke with finality in his voice.