Chapter two

The following morning, Lauren walked into her school with the utmost confidence and bounce in her stride. She decided to wear a flowing black skirt that stopped just barely above her knees and a champagne pink blouse. As she made her way over to her locker, she kept a lookout for Camila but the brunette never made an appearance. It was odd but Lauren did not give it a second thought. Then when lunchtime rolled around and Camila was still a no-show, Lauren knew something was up.

And Camila's absence continued the next day and the next day after that.

Lauren concluded that one of two things was happening. One, Camila was deathly ill and could not come to school or two, Camila was avoiding Lauren like the plague. Lauren went for the second conclusion and was not happy about that.

So, Camila was able to bully her for two years straight and now she was the one who got to hide from her problems? Lauren refused to let that fly. During her Student Aide period, working in the school office, the raven-haired girl went through the student files on the computer and looked up Camila's address. A small smile played on her lips as she knew Camila would never expect this. She took the liberty to check Camila's attendance for the week. The first day was marked as a sick day, but the last two days were marked as absent, which means Camila more than likely ditched.

After school, Lauren went to each of Camila's classes and claimed that the brunette asked for her to pick up any make-up work she may need. This way Lauren would have an excuse for showing up at Camila's home. Lauren then attended the first Student Council meeting of the year and there was a lot to go over. By the time she was out it was nearly 4pm.

Now, to put her plan into action. Lauren had her driver take her to Camila's address. The drive took about fifteen minutes until they reached the neighbourhood. Lauren could not deny that it was fairly nice. Suburban with an edge. She noticed a few kids in their front yards playing basketball or tag. Middle-class families who were utterly content with their lives. The driver came to a stop in front of a welcoming two-story home with a well-cared front lawn. It was nice and actually looked normal. Not the place she expected her bully to live.

Lauren walked up the small stoop and took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell.

"I'll get it!" She heard a voice yell. Sounded like Camila.

When the door opened, she saw that it was indeed Camila and she watched in delight as the color drained from the brunette's face upon seeing her.

Lauren smiled sweetly at Camila who now stood frozen to the spot. Her dark brown eyes widened in shock and panic.

"Hello, Camila," Lauren softly greeted.

Camila attempted to speak but no words would formulate from her mouth.

Lauren chuckled lightly in amusement. "Are you okay?" She asked in mock concern.

Camila finally got her brain to function and she snapped out of her stupor. "Wha..." Camila quickly glanced back into her house over her shoulder and then back at Lauren. "What are you doing here?" she demanded, closing the door a little further so Lauren could not be seen.

Lauren gave an innocent shrug. "Well, I haven't seen you around school all week. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

Camila looked at her as if she had grown a third head, but Lauren was not discouraged.