Chapter Eleven

A/N: As promised here is the next chapter. Now there is a lot to cover in this chapter so you guys better grab your popcorn and drinks of choice and hold on tight!

Camila now sat outside the principal's office, with a puffy left eye and an ice pack in her hand. The nurse had placed a band-aid over the deep gash on her cheek, but that did little to stop the blood that seized to slowly seep through. The left side of her torso hurt like hell anytime she attempted to lift her left arm. It even hurt if she breathed too deeply. In order to avoid further pain, she used her right arm to place the ice on her bruised left eye.

Matthew was currently still in the nurse's office. His injuries were far worse. The brunette leaned her head against the wall behind her and closed her eyes. It had all happened so fast.

After Camila was tackled to the floor, Matthew began throwing punch after punch, anywhere he could land them on her body. He got one solid pound to her left cheek and then two hard blows to her ribs before Camila roughly grabbed both sides of his face and head-butted him. Not once, but twice. First, to his mouth and then to his nose. A loud crunch sounded and he groaned loudly, grabbing at his face. Camila kicked him off of her body, causing the jock to land back on his ass. Camila shakily stood to her feet, feel a burning sensation in her left side where Matthew had punched her. The crowd of enthusiastic high schoolers was shouting, whooping and some groaning in sympathy at the sight of Matthew's face. He now had blood running from his nose and lower lip.

"Urrrgh!" With double the rage as before, he scrambled to his feet and lunged at Camila once again. This time, grabbing her neck. Camila struggled in his grasp for a moment but was able to swiftly lift her knee into his gut. He immediately let go of her, doubling over. Camila then delivered a solid right hook to his face.

"Ohhhh!" The crowd shouted in unison as Matthew fell to the floor.

Suddenly, Camila was grabbed from behind and was being pulled out of the circle of students. "That's it, Cabello!" the man gripping her shouted. She recognized the voice as Mr Cowell, one of her teachers. "You're facing expulsion for sure this time!"

Camila was still so hyped on adrenaline, she struggled in the larger man's arms. "Take that shit, Matthew! You cocksucker!" She shouted towards the fallen boy.

"Enough!" Cowell yelled, hauling her away.

Two other teachers tended to Matthew as the crowd began to disperse. Mendes rounded the corner at that moment. He had come looking for Camila wondering why she was a no-show in the parking lot and left all of his texts unanswered. Confused, he went up to one of the students and asked what happened.

"Camila Cabello just kicked Matthew Hussey's ass!" A guy enthusiastically replied. "Best fight ever!"

Mendes furrowed his brows and looked down the hall. That was when he spotted Mr Cowell leading Camila towards the nurse's office. "Damn it, Camila." He growled, running down the hall to catch up.

Mendes sat with Camila in the nurse's office and even outside the principal's for a while, until he had to leave to meet Hailey. Camila could always count on her buddy for support. She was even touched that Mendes was expressing how pissed off he was that Matthew had laid a hand on her. He did not believe in hitting a woman, regardless if they hit you first. But with Mendes now gone, she sat alone waiting for...

"Karla Camila Cabello!" Sinu shrieked as she burst into the main office. "What have you done now?!"

Camila cringed at the sound of her middle name. God help her.

After a very public verbal lashing from Sinu, Camila and her mother headed out of the school's main office. Sharp pains shot up Camila's side as she walked with her mother down the hallway. She tried to make her discomfort as unnoticeable as possible, but nothing got past her mother. Sinu forced Camila to go into one of the school restrooms so she could see what was wrong. The brunette had hoped that the sharp pains in her left side would eventually subside but it only seemed to be getting worse. Sinu lifted Camila's shirt and saw severe blue and black bruising on her side.