Chapter Six

Wearing a fresh pair of jeans and a t-shirt, with slightly wet hair, Lauren finally emerged from the bathroom. The first thing she saw upon entering the room was Camila sitting up in the bed, rubbing the heels of her hands against her eyes. From the looks of it, the brunette was just waking up, but Lauren was not completely convinced. No one could touch... or caress someone like that while they were sleeping. Could they? Lauren remained by the open doorway of the bathroom and cleared her throat making her presence known. Camila looked over at her with sleepy eyes.

"I thought I heard the shower," Camila yawned, noticing Lauren damp hair.

"Yeah, I just got out," the raven-haired girl shakily replied.

Camila raised her arms in the air and with a groan, stretching out her back. The raven-haired girl's eyes lingered over Camila's upper body and felt her heart skip a beat as she thought of 'shirtless Camila' from last night and perfectly sculpted abs. She averted her gaze and bit her lower lip. She could barely look at Camila, remembering what had transpired about forty minutes ago. "Um, Camila? How... how long have you been awake?"

Camila lowered her arms and looked over at Lauren, eyes half open and hair a wild mess. "I literally just woke up," she replied in a voice, raspier than usual. Lauren gave Camila a disbelieving and unsure look. Camila raised a questioning eyebrow in response. "Why?"

Lauren felt her cheeks turning red as she remembered the feel of Camila's hand running up and down her body. Was Camila actually sleeping through all that? She studied Camila's expression and the brunette looked at her, totally clueless.

"Uh, um. No reason," Lauren feigned a smile and shook her head. She walked towards the door. "I think I heard your mother downstairs preparing breakfast. I think I'll go help."

Before Camila could say another word to her she was out of the room within seconds. Lauren stepped down the stairs and she noticed the house was eerily quiet. It was very unusual compared to the ruckus the Cabello family created in the later hours of the day. As she walked towards the kitchen she heard someone moving about. She opened the door and as she suspected, Sinu was indeed preparing breakfast. The older woman looked up and smiled brightly.

"Lauren! Good morning."

"Good morning, Mrs Cabello," Lauren smiled, walking into the kitchen. She leaned her hands on the counter, standing by the island opposite from Sinu.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Uh..." Lauren's thoughts went to the incident with Camila momentarily before she answered. She quickly discarded it from her mind. "Yes, of course. I slept wonderfully."

"Oh, good. I was worried if Camila's bed was too lumpy."

"It was fine."

"What are you doing up?"

"Well, I tend to wake up early naturally, so I thought I'd help you with breakfast. If you don't mind?"

"Why would I mind? It would be nice to have help for a change. I've been a mother for seventeen years and none of my children had ever offered to help me cook."

"Never?"

Sinu shook her head. "Never. The girls want nothing to do with it. I've tried to show Camila a thing or two, but she won't have it. She'd rather get her hands dirty, helping her father with plumbing jobs."

Lauren nodded in understanding. Camila did not seem like the domestic type.

"Do you help your mother cook?"