Chapter Sixteen

A/N: What's a better way to start the weekend than updating a great story. So in this chapter, we follow Camren while they flee for Laurens mother. Let's see how that goes, shall we?

Camila had no idea where they were headed. It was just them, the night, and the streets of Boston. For a while they just drove in silence, both still in shock over what had just happened. Lauren could not believe she had acted on impulse like that. She never acted on impulse. Acting on impulse meant the outcome would be unknown and Lauren hated the unknown. She had disobeyed her mother and ran away from home. What would she do now? As all of these thoughts compiled in her brain, Lauren's breathing suddenly increased, her chest felt heavy, and her heartbeat sped up.

Camila glanced at the raven-haired girl and noticed her strange behaviour. Fuck. She had seen this once before. Another panic attack. Camila pulled to the side of the road and turned to Lauren. She grasped Lauren's hand with her left while the other rubbed comforting circles on the raven-haired girl's back. "Breathe. Just breathe, Lauren," Camila soothingly chanted. "Everything is gonna be alright."

After a good ten minutes, Camila saw that the raven-haired girl was calming down and her breathing was back to normal. Thank God! "You okay?"

Lauren blew out a breath and nodded. "Yes. I'm okay now."

Camila looked straight ahead out the windshield and then back at Lauren. Her thumb rubbed gently over the back of Lauren's hand. "Lauren... I don't where to go," Camila confessed.

The raven-haired girl thought for a moment. "I have an idea."

They soon arrived at a marina Camila had never been to. The brunette parked in the nearby lot and looked at the sign. Boston's Yacht Paradise. Oh. No wonder she had never set foot here. This was rich folk's territory.

They climbed out of the car and headed towards the pier. It was semi-creepy outside since it was dark and only small spurts of light were provided, running down the length of the dock. The endless line of humongous yachts gently bobbing in the water could be heard.

Lauren grasped Camila's hand as they began to walk down the pier.

"You have a yacht?" Camila asked.

"Well, my family has a yacht. It was one of the pieces of property my mother won in the divorce. Lars takes us out on it during the summer."

"That's cool," Camila nodded.

They soon stopped in front of a yacht that had to be one of the largest in the marina.

"Holy, shit. This is your boat?"

Lauren lightly smirked. "Language, Camila. Yes, this is our yacht," the raven-haired girl replied as they climbed aboard. As soon as they were on board, Camila's eyes began to curiously wander around.

"Do you want a tour?" Lauren asked, seeing Camila's curiosity.

"Hell, yeah I want a tour."

Two words for the Jauregui' family yacht... RIDICULOUSLY SWEET. It was pretty much a luxury house on the water. There was a full kitchen and dining area, a lounge area with a flat screen, two bedrooms and full baths. One room had twin beds, another with a queen and... oh, make that three bedrooms since the room they were currently walking into had a king-sized bed.

Lauren made a beeline for the bed and laid down. Despite Lauren trying to lighten the mood with a tour of the beautiful yacht, it was only a minor distraction.

"I'm exhausted," the raven-haired girl huffed.

Camila joined her, sitting on the edge of the bed. The brunette was not sure what to do or how to judge Lauren's mood. Here they were, hiding out in a yacht in the middle of the night with no idea what they were going to do next. This had suddenly become awkward. The raven-haired girl looked at Camila. The brunette was fidgeting with her hands. Lauren could sense Camila's hesitation, but she was happy the brunette was with her. She was happy she was not alone. Loneliness... something she had grown so accustomed to over the years.