Chapter Thirteen

We made it people! Little spoiler but we have reached the chapter when the relationship part starts. So get ready for some Camren action and most of all enjoy!

Camila parked in the large semi-circle driveway of Lauren's house and walked up the wide stone steps for the first time. As she approached the tall Portobello mahogany front doors, she instantly felt out of sorts. This place was way too fancy for someone like her to even image living in, let alone step inside of. The anxious feeling almost made her turn around and leave but she had to see Lauren, no matter what.

Camila took a breath and rang the doorbell. A moment later, she saw a blurry figure approaching through the glass of the door. When the door opened, Camila immediately recognized Lauren's driver, Lars. The man seemed to recognize her as well and gave her a curious look. "Yes?" He asked.

Camila nervously cleared her throat. This guy was intimidating as hell. "Hi. I'm Lauren's friend, Camila. We go to school together."

"Yes, I know who you are."

The brunette looked at the man as he waited for her to state her business. "Okay, well. The reason I came over is to see if Lauren was home."

"Is she expecting you?"

Camila looked down and shuffled her weight from side to side. "No, um... I kinda wanted to surprise her."

She met Lars' gaze and saw an unconvinced look on his face. He did not make a move from his stance, continuing to block entry into the house.

"Okay look," Camila said, deciding to level with the man. "She's a little mad at me right now and I wanted to come over and apologize to her face to face. Lauren is one of the nicest and most caring people I have ever met and I want to make it right between us. So, can I see her? Please?"

Lars' features seemed to soften a bit as he regarded the young woman in front of him. "You may come in." He stepped aside and allowed Camila to enter the foyer.

"Thank you." As the brunette took in her surroundings her eyes practically bulged from their sockets. The first thing she noticed was the massive staircase that split off into two opposite directions to the second floor. Camila then looked around further, craning her neck to look in other rooms. From what she could see, the place was elegantly decorated with the most expensive furnishings she had ever seen. Above their heads was a massive crystal chandelier. "Whoa..." Camila whispered to herself.

"Follow me," Lars instructed. "I believe Lauren is still in the library." He quickly began walking down the hall.

Camila broke out of her daze and quickly fell into step behind Lars. They passed a few closed rooms until they stopped in front of some double doors. One of which was slightly cracked open.

Lars knocked lightly before opening the door further. "Lauren?"

"Yes, Lars?" Camila heard the raven-haired girl's voice reply. The brunette stood out of sight.

"You have a visitor." Lars then looked at Camila, indicating for her to step forward.

Camila swallowed nervously before stepping into the doorway. Inside the room were shelves of books that were neatly stacked around the circumference of the room. She spotted Lauren sitting Indian style on the ground with a book in her lap.

The raven-haired girl's eyes widened in surprise when she saw her guest. "Camila?"

"Hey..." the brunette replied, sheepishly stepping into the room.

The raven-haired girl sniffled and wiped at her eyes before quickly standing from the floor. "I... I wasn't expecting you." She said, straightening her pink blouse and black Capri leggings.