Chapter Ten

A/N: Heey All! Before we start this chapter I wanna thank you all for the votes and the comments. They really put a smile on my face. So keep it up :D. Now let's see what is in store for Lauren and Camila

Dressed in a black bikini bathing suit, hair damp from her early morning swim, Lauren sat back in one of the many lounge chairs that surrounded the indoor pool at her home. She laid there with her eyes closed and thought of the events that took place yesterday. A small smile appeared on her lips. The fun-filled moments and laughs she shared with her friends at the miniature golf course had really made her day. Things that friends do. Friends? There was that question again. Lauren had felt as though they were all friends. Hailey and Mendes were for sure friends... but Camila... were they now genuinely friends? Lauren was not sure. It was as though the brunette had flipped a switch and was suddenly this wonderful person. The person Lauren had wished Camila could have always been. Lauren chuckled to herself when she thought of the fun she had when Camila was guiding her on the air hockey table. Moving her this way and that. Then she thought of how Camila had shielded her from that jock, Matthew. Who Lauren had judged for herself as an egotistical individual. She had not noticed it at the time, but Camila had protected her. Lauren felt her heart expand a little at the gesture. It was sweet. It was something a friend would do. Lauren closed her eyes and let out a contented sigh.

Camila stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets as she walked through her neighbourhood. There were a lot of things on her mind and she could not stay cooped up in her house any longer. Okay, maybe it wasn't a lot of things on her mind... but Lauren was a lot to think about. Camila smiled softly to herself. She had a blast with the raven-haired girl yesterday. They goofed around during their golf game and Lauren had even smiled at her a few times. God, that smile. Camila shook her head. How could she had deprived herself of that smile for so long? She wanted more of that. More 'happy Lauren' and she wanted to be the source of that happiness... if Lauren was willing to give her the chance. Camila nodded to herself. She knew what she had to do. Time to suck it up and be a woman.

The following Monday at school, Lauren was at her locker retrieving a book for her third-period class.

"Lauren?"

The raven-haired girl spun around at the sound of her voice. "Camila?" she questioned. She was surprised to see the brunette. It was unusual for Camila to be on this side of campus at this time because ordinarily, she would be heading to her favourite class, physical education. But that was way on the other side of the school. Lauren looked the brunette over and judging by the body language, Camila seemed oddly nervous about something.

"I... I need you to come with me somewhere."

"Pardon?"

"Can you come with me somewhere?"

"Um, okay..." Lauren answered a bit confused. "Where?"

"It's off campus."

"What? Now? I have to get to class."

"You're not going to class. You're ditching with me," Camila stated.

"Ditching?" Lauren frowned. "Camila, I can't."

"You can. And since we're technically friends now, you have ta ditch with me. Friends ditch together."

Lauren's eyes became shifty and she bit her bottom lip, unsure.

"We won't get caught, I promise. I'm kind of an expert at this."

Lauren was still hesitant.

"Please?" Camila softly requested. "I have to tell you something really important and it can't wait."