Chapter Fifteen

A/N: It is date night people. So in horner of that, tell me your most memorable date in the comments below.

After Camila and Lauren's unofficial coming out party to the Cabello clan, the two felt it would be safer for them if they stuck with their initial plan of not hanging out before their date. Things seemed to unexpectedly escalate in their last hot and heavy make-out session and as of late, the two of them being alone near a couch or a bed would likely get them in trouble. The temptation was a bitch. One positive that came out of all this was how Camila's family took their new relationship. The Cabellos loved Lauren and did not have any objections to them being romantically involved. This was a relief to both of them but Lauren knew she still had her own challenge to deal with... her mother. They had not spoken since Lauren's outburst and Clara was currently out of town... again.

Friday had finally arrived and both girls had been thinking about their impending date all day. It was after school and Camila and Lauren were on their way to the usual spot where Lars parked to pick up the raven-haired girl.

"I'm excited about our date tonight," Lauren grinned.

Camila could only muster a small smile as she felt Lauren squeeze her hand. The brunette was a nervous wreck about their date. So many doubts and worries about not being good enough were suddenly popping in her head. Lauren noticed Camila's troubled expression. She pulled lightly on the brunette's arm and brought their walking to a halt.

"What's wrong, Camz?"

"Nothing, I just... I guess I'm just nervous about tonight."

"You don't have to be," Lauren sincerely answered. "It's just us."

"I know but..." That's why I'm nervous... "Um, hey, do you like seafood?"

"I love seafood." Lauren replied, surprised by the change of subject.

"Good," Camila nervously breathed with relief. "So you know Le... Bew Truc?" Camila tried to pronounce.

"Le Beau Truc?" Lauren corrected with a hint of interest. "Of course, it's a brilliant 5-star French restaurant."

"Cool. That's where we're going," Camila smiled.

"But Camz, that's so..." She wanted to say expensive but she veered away from it. "You were able to book a reservation in such a short period of time?"

"Reservations?" Camila closed her eyes at her own stupidity and shook her head. Making a reservation had never occurred to her. But then again, since when has a Cabello ever reserved a time and place to eat? Um, never. Especially, not for some swanky, upper-class restaurant. "Fuck..." Camila exasperated. "I didn't even think of that."

Lauren placed a reassuring hand on Camila's arm. "It's fine. We don't have to go there, Camz. Was that your first choice of our date location?"

"Well, no..." Camila pouted. "I just started thinking and... I wanted to take you someplace I thought you'd feel comfortable. A classy restaurant with the best food and stuff you're used to." The brunette shrugged. "I don't wanna disappoint you."

Lauren looked upon Camila sincerely and moved her hand down the brunette's arm to hold Camila's hand. "Come here." Lauren pulled Camila on the side of the school grounds that were pretty much deserted during this time of the day.

Camila lazily leaned her back against the building and stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets. Lauren stood in front of her, looking into her eyes. "Listen to me, Camila. I don't need anything special. I just want to be with you and that's never a disappointment no matter what we do."