How convenient our birthdays are only a week apart

"Happy birthday Barkley!" Reagan, Riley, and Braden create a total scene in the hallway by cheering and the balloons on my locker. Maybe I shouldn't have done this for them.

I smile and wrap them in a hug, "Thanks, guys. Ew, I can't believe I did this to you. I'm a terrible person."

They pull away and roll their eyes in sync and I shudder at how creepy it is. They basically copied my decoration work, but use purple and grey streamers -my favorite colors- on my locker and taped a pack of puffy stickers to it also.

I gasp, and pull the stickers off, pressing them under the thing layer of plastic that covers them, "Oh my god! You didn't! You know I wanted puffy stickers for so long! Oh my god, you guys are angel's, I'm crying."

I may or may not have raved about how I missed puffy stickers in my life a few times in the past. I'm shocked they listen, and it leads me to wonder what all of my nonsense they've listened to.

"Oh my god. I'm going to decorate my life in puffy stickers," They giggle.

Braden laughs, "We figured food would be the best type of sticker. That or crowns, but Rey said food because he doesn't want a bunch of pink puffy stickers all around his room."

I giggle, knowing he was totally right about me using a few stickers in his room.

"Speaking of which..." Riley looks behind me and I see Rey and Marvin making their way towards us. Marvin looks bored and Rey looks determined.

"Happy birthday, Barkley," Marvin's hands are stuffed in his pockets, his tone not very lively so I have to do the same back.

I stuff my hand in my pockets and drop any emotion from my face, "Thanks, Marvin."

Rey's cheek twitches when I turn to him and smile, "Happy birthday, Bark. I got a present to get you through the day."

I gasp when he reveals a Pepsi from his backpack. I'm pretty sure everyone around us thinks we're insane for reacting to a Pepsi. But I laugh and smile, gently taking it from his hands.

"Thank you so much. Is there a fine print?" Everyone gives us a confused look, but I just smile at Rey and his lips twitch again.

"Yeah," And then he leans in and kisses me. It's not long or overly intimate, but Reagan, Riley and Marvin fake gag behind us. I bet I don't hear Braden because he's blushing too hard. 

I pull away and laugh at the faces of the group, "I got Pepsi."

Marvin cocks a brow, "Yeah? I don't think I understand."

Rey shakes his head, "You probably don't want to."

Marvin's eyes widen and his jaw drops, "Ew! That's so nasty! Ew! Ew! Ew! I don't want to know."

I wrinkle my nose at him, "Keep your mind out the gutter Marvin. You're nasty. For my birthday, will you please get me a new best friend for you?"

Rey shrugs, Marvin shoves his shoulder, the twins roll their eyes and Braden giggles nervously.

I see Reagan's eyes widen slighty and she wuick explains before running off, "I have to pee. I got to go."

I watch her jog to the bathroom and turn back to the group to see everyone else watching. Rey shakes his head and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Happy birthday."

~~~

"I wish we lived near a Gucci store," I sigh and lean my head on the passenger window.

"Why? We're poor as fuck, we can't even afford to look at Gucci," Reagan snorts from the driver's seat and Riley laughs in the back. I hate how right they are.