Prom proposal r like sad real proposals but sad & that's OK cause I still want 1

I didn't go back to Rey's room for quite some time. I stayed with Reagan holding her while thinking about everything that has happened. Reagan said she didn't want to tell anyone else until after her doctor's appointment and I begrudgingly agreed. 

Eventually, Riley came home and doggie piled on us. And then we all scream for Rey to join, it took about three minutes of crying for him to come out of his room and lay with us. Well, lay on me.

Since Reagan confessed, a lot more things came into place. Why she was always running off to the bathroom, or not eating, or eating weird combinations of food. I smiled at Jaiden once, and he automatically knew that I knew and actually apologized to me. He'd be a good, supportive Dad.

Thankfully prom's coming up so it could occupy her mind while she waited for her doctor's appointment. I roped her into selling prom tickets with me.

"Couples tickets," I try not to shudder for the poor soul who's going with this square-headed boy.

"30 please," The boy shoves a twenty and a ten at me, I hand it to Reagan, who hands me two tickets, "Don't lose them."

He grumbles something and snatches the tickets from my hand before running away.

"Ew. I bet he won't even do a proposal. He's just going to shove the tickets at whoever he's asking," I shuffle the tickets that have gotten all uneven after the big line of ticket buyers.

"You really want a prom proposal, huh?" Reagan leans back in the folding chair.

"Oh, shut up dumb bih, I know you want Jaiden to write some cheesy quote on a cake or something and present it to you like its the most adorable puppy ever."

Reagan rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest, "And you want Rey to drop on one knee-"

"-I don't believe in marriage before the age of twenty-five at least-"

"-And throw you a single rose like it's the bachelor," She gives me a bored, yet pointed look.

I scuff and carefully put down the stack of tickets, "Prom proposals are a sad excuse for premature real marriages."

Reagan points a finger at me, "But you still want one."

I bite my sheepish smile, "But I still want one."

Reagan stares at me with narrowed eyes, "Me too."

I laugh and fall back in my fold-out chair. It's a giddy feeling in my stomach. A scary feeling. I've never felt like this, I've never wanted to genuinely feel like this because it's so scary. 

This sad giddy feeling in my body possibly means something I've feared for a long time, yet strived for. Every time I thought I had heartbreak, I would shake it off. Because I never felt the giddy feeling in my stomach when I thought about them. But I'm feeling it as I think about Rey. 

I lick my lips and nod at nothing yet everything.

~~~

"Bark? Um, what? What are you doing?" I glance up from the mixing bowl at Sheppard as he stands in the doorway to the kitchen.

I shake my head and smile, "What the fuck does it look like I'm doing, Shep? I'm baking, dumbass."

I turn the stand mixer on, and Sheppard gets closer, yelling over the mixing, "Why and what are you baking? Again, why? You haven't baked...like ever?"

I scuff, and turn the mixer off, lifting the top and scraping the bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed, "I have baked before! I just don't do it often because we don't have a reason to. I'm making a cake."