8

Dan was laying on the bed debating on what to wear.

He hadn't worn a skirt in public but he knew Phil loved him wearing his cute skirts. He also knew that the public eye wouldn't love him wearing skirts, and that they most likely would ending up ruining his date with Phil.

The older boy hasn't said anything about where they're going or what they're doing, but Dan was excited regardless. Anywhere with Phil would be fun and romantic. Unless he took him to a cheese grading facility or something, that wouldn't be romantic. Then Dan questioned if that was even real, which of course it's not. It was just the nerves making him act a little crazy.

He still had a few hours before Phil would pick him up, so Dan decided to make a YouTube video about it to calm him down. It seemed that getting his worries out on camera was a big help, and his followers often enjoyed hearing about how messy his life is. Dan didn't really understand why the internet people crave it. Perhaps it was distracting from their own problems, or made them happy that someone could relate.

Dan picked up his camera and turned it on, starting to talk about how he had a date tonight, (his very first actually) but didn't reveal who. He talked about how he was really nervous but also excited and that some 'spicy things' could take place afterwards. After talking a little bit more, he turned off the camera and hooked it up to his computer, hoping he had enough time to decently edit it. Dan had only recorded for about ten minutes so it shouldn't take too long.

After around twenty minutes had passed, Dan had finished up his video and was uploading it. The time was still fairly early, and had had about an hour and a half before Phil would be here. The video had calmed him down a bit, and now he could more clearly focus on what to wear. He chose a light yellow t shirt with the sleeves rolled up a bit, and a pair of black skinny jeans with some rips in the knee. As much as he preferred skirts, Dan also had a guilty pleasure of loving black skinny jeans. Plus, they always made his ass look great, which Phil would definitely appreciate.

With an hour left, Dan was sat with nothing to do with stare at a wall and wait. Of course he could watch TV, but nothing interesting was ever on, and his parents hadn't paid for him to have Netflix. The time seemed to go by a little faster than expected, and after sitting on the couch for a bit and texting his friend Louise, Dan heard a knock on the door. He grinned and nearly fell off the couch trying to get up, and brushed himself off before making his way to the door.

Dan opened it to see Phil wearing a fitted black long sleeve black shirt, and skinny jeans. Unlike Dan's though, they didn't have rips in them. Dan bit his lip and looked up innocently at Phil.

"Now, now, babydoll, if you give me looks like that I won't make it through dinner." Phil said, looking at Dan's beautiful brown eyes. He was usually just so adorable but in his current outfit he looked proper handsome. Phil loved it.

"Okay, okay, Phil. You just look so good." Dan responded. Phil just gave a short laugh before pulling his new boyfriend out if his apartment and into a night a fun. He planned a nice dinner for them at a local restaurant that wasn't exactly well known but it was a great place nonetheless.

Dan nervously trailed behind Phil on the sidewalk, too scared to ask to hold his hand. He didn't want to seem clingy or needy, even though Phil seemed to enjoy that bit about Dan. The cooling air brushed Dan's cheek and gently fluttered his curls. He absolutely loved the weather like this, and thanked the cool fall nights they've had recently.

Grinning in anticipation, Phil grabbed Dan's arm yet again and pulled him into a dimly lit restaurant. The kind you see in movies really. It wasn't too crowded, and Dan liked it that way. It was a relaxing environment to Dan, especially with the cool colors used to paint the walls. The blue hues were his favorite, and they had distracted them while Phil asked for a table. Treating Dan like a lost little kid, Phil tugged gently on the boys shirt and motioned him to follow. Dan saw the hostess ahead and his cheeks went pink, slightly embarrassed.