25

Elena comes into my room with her beautiful gown on. 

"How does it look?" She asks. I grin and nod my head. 

"You look beautiful. The gold and black go together perfectly". 

She nods and then frowns at me. 

"You're not going ?" She asks. I shake my head in no motion. 

"No. I didn't want to waste money on a dress". Elena nods, understanding.

She then takes a seat at the edge of my bed. I raise an eyebrow when she gives me her famous look. There's something wrong. 

"Oh god, I know this look, what's up?" I ask. 

Elena turns her head the other way and that's how I know it's serious. I sit more up on my pillows. Elena faces me again and I give her a stern look. 

"Rebekah attacked me last night". 

My eyes bulge out their sockets. "Why didn't you say anything to anyone?" I question. Elena shrugs. 

"It's not like anyone could've done anything anyway". 

I sigh. "Well, I'm going to tell Damon and Stefan to keep a tight eye on you tonight since I can't be super sister". 

Elena laughs a little. She then leans over and reaches her arms out for me. I gladly take her into my loving and sisterly embrace.

"Okay. I've got to take this dress off and head to the ball. Caroline's for hair and makeup". I laugh. 

"Oh, Caroline. What would we do without her?". 

Elena agrees and I help her out of her dress. She slips into something comfortable to wear for the time being and carefully puts her dress back in the protective dress bag. I walk her downstairs and see her get in the car before she drives off. I lock the front door and head for the kitchen, suddenly craving pizza.

Right when I get to opening the pizza box, the doorbell rings. I groan and walk all the way back over to the door. I open it and come face to face with a very well dressed Stefan. He is holding a huge box and a small box in his hands. He smiles at me and I look down. 

"Can I come in?" He asks. I nod and step out of his way. 

"What's in those boxes ?" I question, getting ready to hear him say they're for Elena. 

"Just a small gift". I nod my head and he shows me his invitation. 

"Open them," he says to me about the boxes. I frown. 

"They're not mine to open". 

He smiles. 

"Of course they are. I got them for you today in hopes that you would let me take you to Klaus' party".

I frown at him. "Where did Stefan Salvatore go? You love my sister. You're not supposed to be asking me on a date". Stefan laughs a little. 

"Jordan, we can just go as friends if that makes you more comfortable. This doesn't have to be a date". I turn my head. 

"Would it be wrong if I kissed you right now?". He gives me a small smile. 

"Only if you don't feel it's right". 

I march over to him and kiss him. The kiss is the most passionate kiss I've ever had. This is so wrong but it feels so right with Stefan.

We pull away and I wipe my lips, embarrassed and ashamed but also feeling a spark of happiness that I haven't felt in a long time. He looks toward the boxes and I blush. I open the first one to come face to face with a beautiful emerald dress. The second box was with matching velvet heels. I look at him with tears in my eyes.