34

Elena and I have been camping out at the Salvatore mansion since last night. Stefan gave up his room for us and it's been hard with all of us around and not being able to tell them that Stefan and I want to be together. I guess we will just have to wait for Elena's blessing when we find a way to end all of this.

A part of me wants this all to be over but the other part is screaming for Klaus and the others to just stay alive and let us move on with our lives. If only we could find a way for Elena's blood to be rendered useless but make it seem like an accident so Klaus will lay off and not try to kill anyone the way he slaughtered Katherine's family. Or maybe I just have too much faith in people and he will do it anyway just because he's a self-loathing piece of shit that doesn't care about anyone. Not even his own flesh and blood. But what can you expect from a man whose parents both want to get rid of his existence?

I go downstairs to the dungeon where Alaric is being held.

Last night, when Stefan went to rescue Damon, he returned only a portion of the stakes that were made and Klaus got the hint. When we went to get the last stake, it wasn't in the place where Alaric had hidden it. Instead, it was missing and we found out that Alaric's counsel killing alter ego had hidden it, so now whenever he felt like killing a vampire, he would have a stake to do so and wipe out an entire bloodline of vampire and we just can't have that happening. Now he is in there so that when super Alaric comes out, we can corner him and question him about where the last white oak stake is.

Both Stefan and Damon are there, sharing a blood bag.

"What time does the flight leave?" Alaric asks from the cell.

"We're leaving in a few minutes. I just came to say goodbye" I respond.

"Did you pack a bag for me?" Damon asks. I nod.

"Tell Jeremy I'm sorry I can't make it," Alaric says.

I share a sad expression with Alaric.

"I will. Don't worry Ric. We will find a way to fix this".

Alaric just nods and I look at Stefan. He looks desperate. I know he wants to come too but I think that him staying here is the best bet. Damon is unpredictable.

Today Elena, Damon and I are taking a flight to LA to be with Jeremy for a few days. Just to make sure everything is okay. With the way Klaus threatened Jeremy last night, it made Le and I worried and we were planning to go there soon anyway. Right now, Mystic Falls needs a break from us and we need a break from Mystic Fall so this trip is doing just that for us.

Stefan and Damon lead me back upstairs and Stefan takes my suitcase to the car while Damon takes his bag of clothes to the car as well. Elena is already in the car, waiting. I see her eye Stefan from the front seat. He gives me a quick hug and whispers that he loves me. I smile back at him and wave.

"Be careful. Make sure Caroline stays with you for back up. And check up on Matt and Bonnie when you can". He gives me half a laugh but nods.

I walk over to the car and Damon starts for the airport.

"What were you and Stefan talking about?" she asks.

Damon and I make eye contact in the rearview mirror.

"Just making sure he is okay with staying with Alaric".

Elena nods and closes her eyes, most likely tired from how early it is.

~

We land in LAX and I am so excited to see Jeremy. The last time I was here was to drop him off and it was sad but I knew he would be safe. I didn't think danger would follow him all the way over here but I guess when you're dealing with a Mikaelson, distance does not have the upper hand.