29

It can never be a normal day without something going off without a hitch in the hectic, extraordinary life of Jordan Jenna Gilbert. So here I am, standing next to Damon and Liz Forbes staring into Alaric's eyes. I want to hug him, but the big bars of a jail cell is stopping me from doing so. 

"So, you're telling me that Alaric is behind bars for something Dr.'Crazy' Fell accused him of?". I question. Liz frowns. 

"Why do you call her crazy?". 

I look back at Damon with an eyebrow raised. "Would you like the honor or shall I?". Damon shakes his head.

"Okay, can we not focus on my crazy girlfriend and focus on the fact that my girlfriend is framing me for something I didn't do?". I now raise an eyebrow at Alaric. 

"So you're still calling her your girlfriend after she had you arrested for saying that 'you chased her with a knife and tried to attack her'" I say the last part in air quotes. 

"Don't forget that she said the wounds on you are self-inflicted" Damon adds. I nod, agreeing.

 Alaric looks down. I then look back at Liz.

"I don't believe those things, but unfortunately, I have to, under police duties". 

Liz then starts to walk away but peaks her head back in quickly. 

"Damon, don't try to break him out either, it will only make his case worse if Meredith decides to press charges". 

Damon shrugs and Liz continues to walk out, an uneasy look spread across her face.

"I will cut that bitch," I say, my hormones getting the best of me. 

Damon puts his hands up in defense. 

"Slow down there killer, that's what Alaric is in for". 

Damon laughs at his own corny joke while Alaric and I both roll our eyes, not finding the situation amusing.

Alaric and I keep a conversation about last nights events and finally he spills the tea about what really happened. 

"Damon, did you hear this? We need to break into Meredith's house to find this record". 

Damon seems like he was tuned out until he finally comes back. 

"I'm sorry, but you heard Liz, can't get involved in this". 

I frown. 

"Liz said not to break him out, she never said anything about helping him get out legally".

 Damon shrugs. 

"Sorry, this is something you can handle on your very own Harriet The Spy". 

I roll my eyes. 

"I'm pregnant Damon, tell me how exactly I'm supposed to break into crazies apartment without getting hurt or ending up in here?". 

Again, Damon shrugs. 

"Ask Stefan". 

I blink, take a deep breath and when I open my eyes, Damon is gone. Damn his vampire speed.

I look back at Alaric and see him with his head down. 

"Don't worry Ric, I guess I just have to get Stefan involved". 

Alaric nods. 

"Hopefully he's up to accompany me in some crime solving for the day. You know, when I get out of here, I'm going to kick Damon's pale ass. Can't depend on that guy for anything. Sometimes I forget he's one of the good guys". 

I sigh and bid Alaric a goodbye before leaving the holding cell area and walking out the building.

~

I arrive at the boarding house to see Damon's car parked in the driveway. I roll my eyes and continue walking in. As always, the door is unlocked and since I'm not a vampire, I happily jog inside. 

"Stefan!" I call out. 

To me, it feels weird to be here after what just happened between us. I don't think it's healthy for either of us to be around each other but Alaric is family and no family is left behind. He needs all the help he can get. Stefan and I are adults and we need to learn how to coexist if he and Elena are going to live happily ever after.

I walk into the living room to see Damon and Stefan speaking. Hurt immediately crosses Stefan's face when he sees me. I try to keep my expression the same. Damon can't know anything about what happened between Stefan and I. He has a big mouth and will tell someone on a drunken night or on a revenge spree and the secret will be out. Elena and my relationship will be ruined and the life I envision will be over. I didn't give Stefan up for it to end like that.

"I need your help," I say. 

Stefan looks guilty. Damon wraps his arm around his brother. 

"Sorry Jay, he's already been claimed for the day. Stefan and I are spending the day doing some brotherly bonding as we should". 

I roll my eyes. 

"Well, do it tomorrow. Alaric needs our help today". 

Damon shakes his head. 

"I'm sorry but Stefan already agreed to help me with my problems today". 

I roll my eyes again. I then look at Stefan. 

"You're going to need more than one day for that". 

I then spin around and walk out. I hear Stefan laugh and Damon call out, 

"Low blow! Even for you preggers".

I guess I will just have to handle this all by myself. I don't want to get the kids involved. They already have enough trouble going on for themselves. Bonnie is dealing with her mom in transition. Caroline is helping. Elena was almost killed yesterday by an original roach. Matt is just a good kid that I don't want to drag into this mess and Tyler is sired to Klaus so I don't want anything to do with that. Anyone loyal to Klaus is no friend to me. Plus, I haven't heard anything about him or seen the stupid rich kid since he bit a fat chunk from Caroline's neck not too long ago.