26

Stefan takes me to an outside area and calms me down. 

"Klaus isn't going to hurt you or the baby. Damon and I won't let that happen". 

I shake my head. Then panic hits me. 

"Elena has been with Finn for a really long time, Stefan. I need to know if she's okay". 

Stefan brings me into a hug. 

"She's alright, Jordan. Nothing is going to happen to her. I heard her speaking to Elijah before she got all the way upstairs. He gave her his word. You know Elijah is a noble man".

I take a deep breath. Stefan is right. When Elijah gives you his word, then you have a promise. I hear a noise and quickly pull away from Stefan's embrace. I hear some talking on the balcony above us but can't really see who it is. I turn back to Stefan, and as I do so, someone plummets to the ground right behind me. I turn back to see Kol Mikaelson fighting with Damon. My eyes go wide. People run outside and Stefan rushes over to Damon and Kol.

Rebekah leads Kol inside even though he's fighting to get to Damon again while Stefan holds Damon back, right beside me. 

"What the hell is wrong with you Damon? Are you crazy?" Stefan questions, bewildered. Damon rolls his eyes. 

"He was going to hurt Matt and I was angry". I raise an eyebrow. 

"Since when do you care about Matt?". 

Damon gives me that look with his eyes that he always has. 

"I don't. I just decided Kol needed to get his ass kicked. Matt had a lucky day". 

I roll my eyes at Damon's inability to show that he cares for someone other than Elena.

"Let's get back to the party. Elena should be out by now. Damon, you go home. We don't need you to cause any more trouble" I say, leading Stefan back inside the Mikaelson house. When Damon doesn't follow, I know he took my advice and decided against putting us all in danger over his stupid antics.

Esther makes a toast and the waiters come around handing out glasses of champagne. Stefan, Elena and I take one. She looks nervous when all the siblings drink from their cups. I go to drink mine and then remember what I have inside of me and put the glass on a table next to me. 

"It's time to go home" Elena whispers to me. I nod in agreement. 

Stefan follows us outside and drives us back home.

Once we arrive, Elena and I give each other the same look. 

"Can I speak to Stefan?" I ask. She frowns. 

"I was just going to ask you the same thing". 

I swallow and look at Stefan. I sigh but nod. 

"Just come in soon". 

She nods and I get out of the car. It takes everything in me not to look back. I continue into the house and go straight upstairs.
~
Elena comes into my room as I'm looking at myself in the mirror with both hands on my stomach. She smiles. 

"You're starting to show". I shyly nod and put my shirt back down. We both sit on the bed. 

"Klaus knows". Her eyes go wide. 

"How?". 

I laugh about it now. 

"It has a heartbeat". 

Elena wipes away the tear falling down my cheek. 

"You should really go to the doctor". 

I tense up. "I'm too scared". Elena laughs. 

"That's apart of parenting".

I shake my head. 

"Enough about me. What happened with mama Mikaelson?". 

A look of guilt washes over her face. 

"She needed me for a binding spell". 

I frown. 

"She thinks her children are an abomination and wants them gone so when one of them dies, they will all die". 

My eyes go wide with excitement.

"That's great!" I say with a smile. She nods but looks skeptical. I raise my eyebrow.

"Is there a problem with that?" I question. She shakes her head. 

"It's just that I feel bad. Elijah hasn't done anything to me and I betrayed him". 

I nod my head, understanding. 

"He's just collateral". 

Elena frowns. 

"That's kind of what Stefan said".

 I shrug. 

"I'll never admit it, but I see the good in the Mikaelson's. Remember my vendetta to kill Klaus? Yeah, I dropped that once I saw that ounce of humanity he has left in him. It may not be enough to save his life from what's to come, but it was enough to let me drop my grudge because at the end of the day, he's just a person. A bad person, but a person". 

Elena says "I can say that about Elijah, I'm not so sure about the rest of them".

I scratch my neck and change the topic. 

"So what's up with Stefan? What did you guys talk about?" I question. 

Elena shifts on the bed. 

"Basically about what's next for us. But I see nothing is going to happen right now because he's too focused on getting rid of Klaus. It's obvious he still cares and I'll never stop caring. I love him so I just want to give him space until he's ready to focus on us". I nod, feeling guilty. 

If only she knew Klaus wasn't the only one he was focusing on.

Elena yawns and stretches her arm. 

"I'm beat. Let me get out of the dress and hit the shower". I smile and nod. 

She closes the door behind her and I immediately go for my journal.

I feel like my life is a soap opera. I'm interested and have a history with Stefan who happens to be Elena's ex and her current lover. It breaks my heart to have to hide my affair with Stefan but I guess this has to stop. I can't keep seeing him. It's going to come to the surface like every other secret and blow up in my face like a nasty bomb. I just hope John and my secret won't. If Elena or anyone really needs to know about it, then I will finally share it. If not, then her image of our parents will be safe. I just hope everything turns out for the best. We need a win after everything that all of us have been through the past couple of months.