33

"Hey dude, how are you?" I ask. He smiles brightly into the phone and gives me a big thumbs up.

"That's great. We miss you a lot. I'm going to try to see you soon". Jeremy nods.

"I'm so excited. Are you showing already?" he asks, switching the topic. I nod and show my brother my belly.

Not too long ago, I called Jeremy to vent about everything happening in Mystic Falls and I told him about the baby and about my plans for the future. He is actually very supportive of both the baby and Stefan. He said that Elena may love Stefan but she loves Damon just the same. He was just happy I had finally found love. He also told me that Elena is a lot more understanding than I think and it made me feel a lot better.

Stefan and I decided to wait and tell Elena about us until after the Mikaelson's are just a distant memory. I'm still kind of pissed at them over the way Rebekah choked me. The bruise is still apparent.

"I'm so excited for you Jay. You're making me an uncle!" he says excitedly. I smile broadly.

"Do you have any names planned?".

I give a smile.

"Actually, I do".

He gives an intriguing smirk, telling me to continue.

"I chose Johnathan Gray for a boy, naming him after uncle John and dad. And then for a girl, I chose Hope because throughout this whole pregnancy, I've had Hope for the future".

Jeremy looks like he's on the verge of tears but he just smiles.

"Those names are so beautiful, and meaningful," he says. I give him a grateful smile.

"They are".

I turn to my doorway and there Bonnie is next to Elena. I jump off the bed and run over to her.

"Oh my god it's so good to see you, how are you?" I ask, checking her face.

"Who is that?"Jeremy asks from the phone that I left on the bed. Elena walks over to it and starts to talk to Jeremy.

"I've been better. Abby is starting to get used to her new life. She's a little depressed that she can't connect with nature anymore but she's warming up to it".

I nod my head, understanding.

"Wow, that's got to be tough. At least she has you there and Caroline helping her through it".

Bonnie nods and we walk over to the bed to continue talking to Jeremy.

Bonnie has always been the same kind of girl since she was young. She never likes to speak about herself too much. She used to like to change the topic and make things about everyone else. She is the most selfless person I have ever met. If she has a sandwich and all you have to eat is a pudding, she will give you the whole sandwich and starve herself. That's just how her heart works and I love that about her. I just wish we could give back to her as much as she gives to us.

~

"We need your help," Damon says into the phone. I roll my eyes.

"Why is it that every time I'm at home, peacefully munching on some food to satisfy my pregnancy cravings, someone has to call to interrupt my peaceful day and make it more than just eventful?" I question. I hear Damon scoff.

"Well, we were just calling to share our master plan with you b-" and I cut him off.

"I'm on my way," I say, getting out of bed.

"Okay, but don't go to our house. Come to Alaric's place".

I frown but give an okay into the phone and get in the car.

Once I arrive, Damon answers the door and blocks me from seeing what's inside. He smirks when he sees I'm confused and moves out of the way. I raise an intrigued eyebrow.

"Holy shit".

I walk into the apartment to see stakes and wood dust everywhere. Stefan and Alaric are hard at work, carving some more.

"Welcome to the no more originals factory," he says. I give him a weird face.

"You're in need of a name change," I say.

"We're working on it".

I look around at all the weapons they've made but I'm still confused.

"How is this going to put them down for good?" I question.

Alaric shows me one of the wooden stakes.

"These are white oak stakes. Made from the very wood tree that created them. The only thing that can kill them".

My mouth makes an 'o' shape.

"Lady Klaus tried to burn the last tree but little did she know the Wickery bridge sign is made from white oak, so we still won".

Looking at all these stakes makes me think hard. All we've been talking about is being excited for them to die because of how bad they are but they're still people. A life without the Mikaelsons is a good one, but it sucks that we have to kill an entire family because one has a mission to create a hybrid army and he's using my sister to do so. If only there was a way we can stop all of this and just have peace between our two families.

~

Since I can't join in on any of the butt-kicking activities, I'm stuck in the boarding house with Caroline and Alaric and there seems to be some tension coming from Alaric. Finally, I can't take it anymore.

"Is there something I don't know?" I question, asking both of them. Alaric sighs but Caroline seems oblivious.

"Caroline knows I killed her father. I feel horrible but she's not even the least bit mad about it".

My eyes go wide but then it all hits and before I have time to respond the front door busts open and Stefan speeds in, Matt and Elena behind him, looking scared.

"Caroline, take Jordan and Alaric downstairs now! Elena, Matt, go upstairs. She can't be three places at once".

I am confused but before anyone can even move, a redhead and a man walk into the house and the woman immediately goes for Stefan. Caroline tries to intervene, but the woman easily smacks her across the room. She goes for Stefan easily beating him up. But then her nose starts to bleed. She goes to punch Stefan but he catches it this time. She falls to the ground, her skin getting ash grey and veins popping through them. The same thing happens to the man. They just die. Right in my face.

We all look at each other, confused as ever.

"Who was that?" I question.

"Sage. Finn's girlfriend and her sire".

I am still confused.

"Well, why was she so mad?" I question again.

"Because I just killed Finn".

And then it hits me.

"So they're all gone?". Elena shakes her head, still staring at Sage like everyone else.

"Klaus made Bonnie do an un-binding spell, threatening Jeremy. We have to go now to get Damon. Rebekah has him captured".

Stefan and Caroline study the bodies even more.

"So these are the only people Finn turned?" Caroline asks. Stefan nods and then his face changes.

"Guys, I think they died because Finn died".

I frown, not understanding.

"It would make sense. When an original dies, everyone in their bloodline dies too. That's a price. That's why it's so hard to get rid of them".

We all look around at each other.

"So you know what that means right?".

Stefan nods.

"We need more time".

And for some reason, I feel relieved.