38

I wake up and look around. I see Damon passed out on the floor and Bonnie with a bleeding neck. Alaric's body is gone, Bonnie in the place it was before. I immediately run over to her and check her neck. She has a pulse but needs to be healed. I rush back over to Damon and shake him. He looks pained and confused when he wakes up.

"Where's Ric?" He asks, wide-eyed.

Damon searches the cave, his eyes finally landing on Bonnie.

"No no no".

He picks her up and rushes to the car. I follow behind, confused and sad. Sad because Alaric isn't with us anymore and confused because a human body doesn't just disappear. Someone had to have taken him and Esther is most certainly a factor.

"Damon, she needs to be healed" I say frantically when I see him stuff her in the back seat.

He slams and the door and shakes his head.

"No. What she needs to do is explain. She will survive and maybe, just maybe if I'm feeling generous I'll heal her".

I frown and follow Damon into the car. I strap up and stare him down as he starts speeding. He looks at me and slows down, remembering the baby growing.

"Damon, it doesn't matter what you have against each other. She can die! It looks like she lost a lot of blood".

Damon stops the car in front of my house and looks at me.

"Well thanks to her, we might all die" he responds.

I furrow my eyebrows.

"What do you mean, Damon?" I growl.

He doesn't respond. Instead, he just gets out of the car and drags a now conscious Bonnie out with him. I follow him all the way to the front porch.

"What happened last night when I was sleeping? And where is Alaric's body?" I question.

Damon widens his eyes.

"Why don't you ask little Bon Bon here? She should know a thing or two".

Before I can question any further, the front door opens, revealing Stefan.

"Damon?" He questions, looking at the sight.

"Hello, Brother. Excuse me brother".

Damon shoves Stefan out the way, dragging Bonnie with him.

"What happened to her?" Stefan asks me.

I shrug.

"I don't know".

I follow behind Damon. Jeremy and Elena come down the stairs. They have paint stains all over them. All three of them follow me to Damon and Bonnie. We stop in the kitchen where Bonnie is holding a napkin to her bite.

"Bonnie! What the hell did you do?!".

Jeremy rushes over to Bonnie's aid, glaring at Damon.

"I didn't do anything Prince Charming. You should be asking your wicked witch of the west that question".

Jeremy and I both frown.

"What the hell are you talking about Damon?" Elena questions.

He looks over at Bonnie.

"Would you like to tell them, or should I?".

When Bonnie doesn't respond, he looks back at us.

"We have a little issue. And by little I mean big. And by big I mean Matilda over there used her witchy powers on me and then fed Alaric her blood. So now, we have a crazy psycho worse than an original vampire on the loose with the help of a witch much more spiteful and evil than this one" he finishes, pointing at Bonnie.

I take a breath out and lean against the counter. And then another one, finding it hard to breathe.

"What's going on?" Elena asks.

Tess appears and widens her eyes.

"She used to have these all the times but she's pregnant. I don't know what to do".

Stefan rushes over to me and holds my hand.

"Okay Jordan, I'm going to need you to take a deep breath. On one and let go on five, ready?".

I nod and he starts to count. After 6 of those, I can finally breathe right. He helps me up and asks me if I'm okay. I nod and he let's go of me. I just want to kiss him right now but everyone else is in the room. I can feel Elena's eyes on me. Does she know something?

"Hey, you okay Jay?" Jeremy asks.

I look at him and nod and then remember what the girl next to him did. Anger bubbles up inside of me.

"How could you do that Bonnie? Do you know you've just put everyone's life in danger?" I ask, calmly.

Bonnie shakes her head.

"I swear. I didn't know what I was doing. It was like I was possessed or something. I had no control over my body".

She looks around and some look unconvinced.

"I believe her," Jeremy says.

He then looks the other way.

"Who is here right now Jeremy?" I ask.

He swallows.

"Rose. She knows what happened. It all had to do with Esther. Klaus killed her last night".

We all look around. I feel a little relieved.

"Okay, so that means that she's not with Alaric. Maybe he's fine and her spell didn't work," Elena says.

No matter how much I want to believe that, I don't think it's true.

"No. He woke up with the darkness inside of him" Jeremy confirms.

I close my eyes and let out a breath.

"I'm so sorry guys. I didn't know" Bonnie speaks.

I shake my head.

"It's not your fault. Let's just hope we can figure out which bloodline Mary and Rose came from. Rose, if you hear me, please try to poke around. See what you find".

Jeremy makes eye contact with me.

"She said she's going to do whatever it is that she can".

I nod. And then something pops in my head.

"Ask her if Jenna really found peace".

Jeremy looks to the side but looks back at me right away.

"She's gone. I'll ask when she comes back".

I nod. I have to know that Jenna isn't miserable on the other side.

"So what do we do know?" Damon asks.

Then Elena's phone starts to go off.

"I don't know, but Alaric is calling".