December 5th 2018- Chapter 9

It has been 4 days since Niall and I decided to start being friends with benefits, kinda, and it was pretty awesome. We got to kiss, make out and be normal best friends around everyone else. He helped me study after I went to the shelter and than we made out for an hour before he brought me home.
"RUDY GRACE!" My dad yells from downstairs.
"Comingggg" I yell back. I run down the stairs and into the kitchen grabbing an apple before running out to the front door.
"Rudy wait! Before you go! We have something to tell everyone tonight, so instead of going to Niall's after the Shelter come back here with him." Hmmm I wonder why they're coming over, and why did that make me upset that Niall and I wouldn't be hanging out.
"Okay see ya dad" I yell running out the front door and hopping into the front seat of Niall's car. "Hey Ni!" I say throwing my bag in the back.
"Hey Rudy and can you move your bag I have to pick someone else up." Who? I thought I was the only important person in his life right now.
"Okay and who is it?" I say moving my bag, as he pulls away from the curb.
"Um a friend of Finns, he asked if I could picked her up, I think she's a friend of Finns girlfriend.." She?
"Okay, um I have a quick question?"
"What's up baby? Oh sorry I mean Ru?" He still called me his annoying pet names but just corrected himself after he already said it.
"Are you seeing other people? Like romantically? Cause I'm not and I don't care if you are.."
"Are you kidding me Ru?!? I'm not seeing anyone, are you crazy, you know I only have eyes for you." Oh my gosh he still was going on about this.
"I'm not crazy thank you very much and I just asked, now that I think about it I think you should see other girls, so you don't get your hopes up with me." When I said it I immediately wish I didn't, I knew I liked him and I just didn't want to get in a relationship again.
"Fine! Maybe I will, but know that it doesn't mean anything, I still will only like you." Every word he said broke my heart, I knew I didn't want him to see other people but whatever, I can't take it back now.
"Okay good, by the way, we can't hang out after the Shelter, my dad told me to come here with you instead."
"Okay, but I wish we didn't have to go, now we can't have our 'study' session.." A smirk crept onto his face as he said it, causing me to laugh at him.
"Yeah that sucks, maybe I can convince my parents to let you stay after for a bit, although we'd probably get caught, Micah has been eying us like crazy ever since he saw us.." I laugh at the memory of his face when he saw us.
"True, but I'm willing to risk it all for time with my love, sorry I meant with you.." I laugh at his same old excuse.
"You're ridiculous.." I laugh out as we pull up in front of a house, on the rich side of town, of course this girl was rich.
I watch as a tall blonde girl comes running out of her house, she was probably about 5'8" and her blonde hair was pin straight down to her shoulders. She had bright blue eyes and her makeup was done perfectly, her body was the definition of a perfect hourglass figure. She hopped into the backseat, her smile not leaving her face.
"Hey Niall! Thanks for picking me up!" Her voice was exactly how I expected it to sound like.
"No problem Layla! This is Rudy by the way, Rudy this is Layla!" So he knew her, but he told me it was a friend of Finns girlfriend.
"Hi Rudy, nice to meet you! So are you two a couple or something?" Ugh I hated her voice so much.
"No, sadly" he whispers the last word, so only I can hear it.
"Oh okay!" Jeez I couldn't stand her already, why did I tell him he should date other girls?
"You know what Niall, can you drop me at the Shelter actually, they mentioned they needed some help showing some dogs today and I don't have much to do at school." They did need help, but I actually had a massive Biology test, but I wasn't going to let him know that.
"I mean I guess I can, but are your parents okay with that?"
"Yup already texted them." Another lie, but I would text them, they understand that if I'm having a rough day I will end up at the Shelter.
"Okay, well I'll pick you up after you're done, you're okay right?" He looked over at me, picking up my hand and rubbing circles on it with his thumb. I look up in the rear view mirror and see Layla staring at the both us, her eyes flickering back and forth from our hands to our faces.
"Yup" I say pulling my hand away from his, I look up and see a smile had returned to Layla's face, now that Niall's hand was off mine.
A couple minutes later we pull up in front of the shelter, I grab my bag from the back and hop out of the car, speed walking up to the doors. Before I can get to the doors, I feel an arm on my wrist, I spin around to see Niall behind me.
"What Niall?" I say, my voice getting harsh.
"Somethings wrong, I can tell.." He pulls me into a hug, his hands resting on my bum.
"I take it back, I don't want you to see other girls, or driving other girls to school, I just want it to be us, even if I'm not ready for a relationship" I hug him back, resting my head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.
"Is that it?" He says pulling away from me.
"Yeah.."
"Well than okay, I don't want to see other people I never did, and never was going too." He pulls me back to him, a smile on his face.
"Okay you have to get going, bye NiBear, I love you" I say kissing his cheek.
"I love you too Love, sorry I mean I love you too Ru" he says back quickly leaning in to peck me on my lips, without making it obvious. He heads back to his car, driving off while still stealing glances at me.