part one

-kiaria pov-

September 1st...

I slid into the back of the class, taking my books out of my patterned bag.

"Hey Kiaria," one of the girls said, walking over to me. I felt really bad, but I didn't know her. It was the first day back to school and my brain was fried.

"Oh, hey," I said, smiling.

"I hope that we get seats together," she said, running her fingers through her wavy brown hair, her thick blue headband sticking out in the sea of brown. Compared to my limp dark ponytail, her hair was a lot prettier. Yet I was one of the most popular girls in our class. Why that was, I didn't know. Maybe because of my maturity, or intelligence. I shook my head to begin to focus on the new teacher who had just walked into the room, her high heels clacking on the floor. I glanced around the class, trying to check if there were any new students. Wait. Light brown hair. I quietly groaned. It was Yukari.

She strongly disliked me. I don't want to use the word hate. Why? Probably because I am the rudest person to her in the world. I don't know why, but I just didn't like her. I just had a feeling that I shouldn't like her. And she didn't like me. But, why was she so nice to me?

"We are going to start with introductions," the teacher said, her voice like honey. "I am
Professor Gyeong. I have a cat. Who ran away, but we'll talk about that later. Anyway, we'll start from this young man here-" she pointed to Jinsoo, the class idiot.

"Hi, I'm Jinsoo-" he began, but I had stopped listening. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Yukari leave the class. We were allowed to do that, but I wondered where she was going. Probably the bathroom. I shrugged and began to pay attention to the next person, but couldn't. This was a great time to ask her why she had been so nice to me.

I silently stepped out of the room, walking through the shining baby blue floor as bright as the sun. I headed to the bathroom, but was stopped by a boy in twelfth grade, a year older than me.

"Where are you going?" He asked me, his voice hoarse. He was carrying a football, his face dripping in sweat. I had to admit, he was pretty good-looking.

"Just the bathroom," I said casually.

He raised an eyebrow. "Kay."

I smirked and continued to walk to Yukari.

I didn't want to be mean, but I was. Why? Like I said, I don't know.

-yukari pov-

I sat in my class, waiting for the teacher to stop talking about how she lost her pet cat this morning.

"What are we doing here? We aren't learning anything listening to how she lost her cat." I said under my breath. Okay, I admit it was sad, but we came here to learn.

I looked around the class and saw Kiaria enter the room. She HATES me with a burning passion.

So, as the teacher talked about her cat, I put my light brown hair into a messy bun. I felt Kiaria burning a hole in my head behind me. I had no friends, no siblings, and no parents. Being teased by her didn't help either.

I stood up and slipped out of the class, walking down the hall to the bathroom, hoping to fix my hair better.

I heard steps coming towards the bathroom. Great time to get the biggest jerk to make fun of me.

I checked my phone and got an email.

"No way!" I said, excited. The email stated that my favorite band, BLACKPINK, had come back with a new album.

I had to contain my excitement. But really, I couldn't.

I squealed, took a deep breath, exited the bathroom, and there she was.