part three

-kiaria pov-

As I walked away, I began to choke up, small tears forming in my eyes. Why did I do that to Yukari? She hadn't done anything to me. I began to jog back into the school, tears slowly falling down my face. I ran into the bathroom, grabbing a handful of brown paper towels. Looking at myself in the mirror, I began to carefully wipe the salty tears off of my cheeks, my mascara smudging. I washed my face and dried it off, checking to make sure that there was no evidence that I had been crying.

As I walked out of the bathroom, I almost slipped on a large puddle of water.

"Whoa, are you okay?" A guy asked. I looked down to see a handsome student, his dark brown mullet and dark eyes reminding me of the ocean, as he picked up his plastic water bottle from the ground.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied. "Do you need any help?"

"Uh, yeah, if you could get me a couple of paper towels, that would be great."

I nodded and re-entered the bathroom, grabbing a couple of fistfuls of the pulpy brown material. I exited, crouched down, and began to wipe up the water, the towels soaking in every drop.

"Thanks," the guy said, looking down at his puddle. "I'm Taehyung, by the way."

"I'm Kiaria." I said. "Did you spill your water bottle?"

"Yeah," he said casually. "I haven't seen you before, what grade are you in?"

"Eleventh. You?"

"Twelfth," he replied, picking up the sopping wet towels. "Anyway, I'll see you around, Kiaria. Thank you for helping me out."

"Yeah, no problem," I said, smiling a little. "See you."

I walked back to class just as the bell rang above me, making me jump.

I entered, taking my books out as the next teacher, Professor Bhong, the English teacher entered.

"Good afternoon," he said in a stern voice. "Time for attendance. An, Hoon."

"Present," Hoon said, standing up. Professor Bhong went through the list, everyone replying with 'present' or 'here.' That is until he reached Yukari.

"Eom, Yukari?" He asked again. "Absent."

My heart sunk straight into my stomach. This was my fault. She'd have to go to detention twice because of me. Or three times, depending on if she was still in the shed.

Crap. I had no break in between either, so I couldn't get her out, too.

How I had forgotten? Of course, my conversation with Taehyung. He was so kind. I wished I could be like him. But, of course, I couldn't.

-yukari pov-

"So, thanks for letting me out again." I said, still smiling.

"No problem, I could hear you crying a meter away." He said casually.

"Wait. I haven't seen you in my class. What grade are you in? That is, if you don't mind me asking." I asked, now blushing as well.

He stood there staring at me, a grin on his face, "Oh... uh, twelfth."

"So, you're a grade ahead of me." I said as the bell rang for class. "Oh, I think we should go. Class is starting." I started to walk past him when he grabbed my hand. I mentally screamed.

"Wait. Why were you locked in the shed?"

I said, "No reason."

"Tell me." He said in a firm voice.