part two

-kiaria pov-

I walked down the hallway, finally reaching the beige door of the bathroom. Where was she?

Okay, I said to myself. Wait for a minute, then go back to class.

I stood outside the door, waiting for Yukari, my hands on my hips.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, she left, the door swung open, and she exited.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

"N-nothing, can't I use the bathroom in peace?" She replied quietly, looking at the floor.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Meet me at the shed after lunch. Be there. Alone."

I could see a million thoughts run through Yukari's mind. Finally, she answered. "Fine."

Triumphant, I walked away, my long hair making a snapping sound in the air.

I stealthily entered the classroom, my eyes darting around the room to check if anyone had noticed. Professor Gyeong was handing out math worksheets now. I sat down in my seat, saw Yukari enter the room, and noticed Professor Gyeong's eyes lock on hers.

She's in trouble, I said to myself.

"Where were you, Yukari?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry miss, I had a hair malfunction," she replied sweetly. "I'm sorry."

"Hair malfunction?" Professor Gyeong asked. "Your hair's fine, okay? Meet me after class."

"Wait, but Kiaria was outside with me too!"

I stared at her in shock. How dare she rat me out!

"What? I've been here the whole time!" I said innocently to Professor Gyeong, who stared at me for a few seconds, determining whether I was being honest or not.

"Kiaria's right," she finally concluded. "Yukari, detention."

"What? That's not-"

"Enough arguing," she said, her voice firm. "Have a seat."

Yukari pouted, but did as the teacher said.

I didn't want to get her into trouble, but I didn't want to get into trouble myself. Who would I choose, her or me?

-yukari pov-

As I sat down, everyone started to look at me, laughing.

I can't take Kiaria's crap anymore! I said to myself.

I started to look at the page Professor Gyeong had given me, but couldn't understand any of the problems. I looked at the teacher, who was ready to start the lesson.

I didn't really listen to the lesson, even though I should have.

"Yukari, can you solve this problem?" Asked Professor Gyeong.

"Sure." I said, walking up to the board, faking a smile.

I solved the problem. Surprisingly, I was right.

"Nice job. But you could have been quicker."

After class, before lunch, I went to the shed. The white paint was peeling off of the windowless shed, a ladder in front of the door. And next to it was a snobby Kiaria.

"What do you want?" I snapped at her.

"I need to to get something from the top of the shelf, but I can't reach."

How did she expect me to reach? I was at least six inches shorter. "Fine." I finally said, stepping inside. "So, what do you need?"

She was silent, but led me into the shed.

"What do-" I started, but heard the door close behind me. I turned around to see no Kiaria. There was a small click from the door. She had locked me in and the shed was dark, a mildew smell to it, shadows running across the walls.

In a calm voice, I heard her say, "If you try to rat me out to the teacher one more time, it won't be nearly as bad as this. And don't try to get out, you won't be able to."

"No! You don't understand! The dark-" I said banging on the door, but she walked away.

I kept banging on the door for about ten minutes saying, "Help!" but no one heard me.

This is totally Deja vu. 

When I was about five, my parents and I lived in a small apartment. One day, they told me to stay alone. The power was out, I remembered what my mom said, her suitcase in hand, "Stay here. We will be back in a few hours. I promise."

 I heard the door lock, the thunder, and lightning outside in the night sky. I started to sob. They never came back. The next day, I went out on the terrace and used the fire escape to leave the building forever. 

After a bit, I stopped banging on the wooden door, falling to the floor while sobbing, as I curled up into a ball, my warm tears streaming down my face still saying help for about twenty minutes.

Finally, I heard a masculine voice say, "Is anyone in there?"

"Yes! I-I- need help. I'm stuck in here. It's been a half and hour a-and nobody came." I said tears still coming down my face.

"Where are the keys?" He asked.

"I don't know. But please help and don't leave!"

"Don't worry, I wouldn't leave you."

"Okay, but please hurry." I begged, starting to cry again. "Please."

I heard a banging on the door. It sounded like he was trying to break the lock. After what felt like a million years, the door opened.

I jumped up and bolted towards him. Surprisingly, I instantly hugged him and started to cry again. I felt his strong arms awkwardly wrap around my waist.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I said as I pulled away from the hug.

He wasn't what I expected at all. Even in his white t-shirt and ripped jeans, he looked flawless. His messy brown hair and warm dark brown eyes, suited him perfectly. For some reason, he reminded me of a cute bunny.

"I'm Jungkook." He said sweetly.

"I-I'm Yukari." I said wiping my tears. "Nice to meet you, Jungkook."

He smiled at me, and for the first time in a while, I smiled, too.