part seven

-kiaria pov-

"What do your parents do?" Yukari asked me. Was it just me, or did I see beads of sweat on her forehead?

"Uh, they're, um-"

"You can say it."

I wasn't sure why I was so embarrassed to tell Yukari. After all, my mom had a good job. But my dad was dead. I angrily sighed. "Truck drivers."

"Oh, that's cool." She said, rolling her eyes.

I guess I should have expected her rude behavior. I should give her a break.

I looked down at my desk, thinking on what to say next. "So, where do you live when you're not at boarding school?"

She hesitated, "Jinhae."

"So, about four hours from here?" She nodded her head. "I live about forty five minutes from here, Seoul."

"I know where we are." She said under her breath.

I looked down again. I kind of wished that she wasn't so rude to me, but she had every right to be.

"Um, what do you like to do in your free time?"

"Watch YouTube and listen to my favorite band."

I forced a smile. "What's your favorite band?"

"BLACKPINK." She said showing her hoodie to me.

"Oh, I like them too," I said. Maybe we actually had something in common. "Who's your bias?"

"Um... Lisa or Jennie."

"Oh, mine's Jisoo," I replied. We stayed in silence for a few minutes.

"Do you read?" Yukari asked.

"All the time," I said. "And write. You?"

"I read fanfiction and sometimes write."

"Interesting."

"Interesting?" She repeated, raising her eyebrows, but let it go. "So, what is your favorite BLACKPINK song?"

"Probably Really, you know from their new album," I said. "Yours?"

"Yeah, I know," she snapped. "Mine's PLAYING WITH FIRE."

I nodded.

"Okay," Ms. Gyeong said in a booming voice. "Now we will begin the next activity. You will keep your partners and we will go around the room. I will ask an educational question between two pairs and whichever team, wins will advance until the last team is left. Once that happens, the two will go against each other. Got it?"

The class murmured. Ms. Gyeong arranged the class into a large circle behind the desks. She started off with Jinsoo and Midoriya along with Kwong and Gun.

"What is the capital of Malaysia?"

What an easy question.

The four remained quiet.

"You have three seconds," Ms. Gyeong said. "Three, two, one, and your time is up."

She moved on to Yukari and I, who were paired with Hoon and Bong. "Capital of Malaysia?"

I immediately answered. "Kuala Lumpur."

"Finally," Ms. Gyeong exclaimed. "You guys should know this!"

I looked over at Yukari. She rolled her eyes, her lips twisting into a grimace.

I sighed.

-yukari pov-