part eleven

-kiaria pov-

Once Yukari woke me up with her backpack, I decided to get dressed myself. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again.

I walked to the bathroom, yawning, brushed my teeth, changed and did my hair into a high ponytail.

After I was done, Yukari and I left for the café. We ordered our food and sat down, beginning a small conversation.

She wasn't so bad to talk to.

By the time we had finished with our food, we left for campus.

"What's your favorite subject?" I asked Yukari, becoming uncomfortable with our awkward silence.

"Library."

"Library's cool. I like reading, too. My favorite subject chemistry, though."

"Hmm."

We reached the dormhouse.

"We should get our bags," Yukari said.

"Sure," I said. We continued up the steps into our dormitory.

I grabbed my navy blue bag, covered in a few areas with various pins.

Yukari swung her pack over her shoulder as we left the dorm house, heading toward classes.

Three minutes later, we were sitting in class as Ms. Gyeong yelled at Jinsoo for forgetting his homework.

I sighed and took out a book from my bag.

Finally, after the yelling had stopped, we began class.

"Now that everyone knows the importance of homework," Ms. Gyeong said, looking straight at Jinsoo. "Right Jinsoo?"

"Yes, miss." Jinsoo said looking down at his desk.

"Let's start world language. As you know, the school's second required language is English. How many of you think you know more English than the rest?"

No one in the class raised their hand.

That is, except for Yukari.

Ms. Gyeong raised her eyebrows. "Yukari. Very nice. Will you come up here?"

I watched Yukari silently walk up to the front of the class.

"Can you write what I saw on the whiteboard?" Ms. Gyeong asked, handing Yukari a black dry-erase marker.

She nodded her head.

"English is an interesting language. Many aspects are easy, while others are quite difficult. Everyone, take out your notebooks."

She wrote down what Professor Gyeong had said.

영어는 흥미로운 언어입니다. 많은 부분이 쉽지만 다른 부분은 아주 어렵습니다. 모두들 노트북을 가져 가라.

We all did so.

"Yukari, can you please write the alphabet on the board? You all should know this."

She nodded her head once again as we all copied what she wrote.

Three boring hours later, it was time for lunch. I rushed out of the classroom and headed into the dining hall. I grabbed my tray of food and sat down at a table, starting to eat my soup.

"Hey," someone said, placing their tray next to me. "What's up?"

Taehyung. "The ceiling?" I replied.

"How funny," he said, opening his glass bottle of mango juice.

"Who do you guys have for homeroom?" I asked.