part five

-kiaria pov-

After we had finished eating, Taehyung talked to me for a few minutes, then began to socialize with his friends. I had to admit that I felt pretty bored and uncomfortable. Finally, after an hour or more, all of his friends had left. That is, except for Jungkook and Yukari. What were they waiting for?

"Sorry I couldn't talk to you much," Taehyung said to me.

I smiled. "It's fine."

"So, what do you like to do in your spare time?"

"I mean, I read, I write, I listen to music," I said. "Sometimes I dance when I'm feeling adventurous."

"That sounds like fun," he said, glancing toward Jungkook and Yukari. "You know what, let's go outside and talk."

"Okay."

I grabbed my phone as Taehyung quickly talked to Jungkook.

"Ready?" He asked, turning away from his friend.

"Ready," I replied.

"Um, what floor is your dorm on?"

"Oh, um, you don't have to drop me off at my dorm," I said, remembering what Eomma had told me. "Actually, you don't have to drop me anywhere."

He smirked. "Of course I'll drop you off. That is, only if you tell me where."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Kiaria."

"Okay, in that case, can you just drop me off at the bus stop?" I asked. We were still standing at the table.

"Sure."

We started to walk outside of the dorm house, making small talk. We finally reached the bus stop.

"Well, it was nice spending time with you, Kiaria," Taehyung said sweetly. "Do you want to hang soon?"

"Sure," I said. "Um, can I have an email or phone number to reach you?"

"Oh, yeah," he said. I handed him my phone as he gave me his. I typed in my number and handed him the phone back.

"Thank you," I said to him. "For the number and dropping me."

"No problem. I hope to see you soon."

"Yeah, same," I smiled. "Bye."

"Bye."

I watched him walk away as I waited for the bus to come, taking my phone out and playing a game. The bus pulled up and I hopped on, telling the driver the address to my mom's apartment. I sat down, watching my school go farther away as the bus continued its journey, the night as dark as Taehyung's hair.

Stop it, Kiaria, I said to myself. That's ridiculous.

I watched the buildings move by, the lights as bright as stars. As the bus reached the building, I got off, and entered the building, walking up the stairs to the third floor. I knocked on the red door of room number forty three. Within a few seconds, the door slowly cracked open, the hinges squeaking, and I saw my eomma, her frizzy brown hair all over.

"Kiaria, dear," she said, smiling. "Come in."

I entered the door to see the apartment almost spotless, that is except for Eomma's office, her papers spread everywhere. I set my bag down on the small brown leather couch and headed into the kitchen.

"I made you food," Eomma said, sitting down next to my bag on the couch. "It's in the fridge."

I opened the fridge, took out the glass container full of kimchi fried rice and placed in the microwave, warming it up for forty-five seconds.