part four

-kiaria pov-

"You do know that you're coming home tonight, right?" My mom asked over the phone.

"Yes, eomma," I sighed. "I already told my professor."

"Good, good," she replied. "Remind me-"

"Eomma, I'm sorry, I have to go," I said, glancing over at the pack of people streaming into the dorm house.

"Okay, bye," she said. I ended the call as I ran after the others into the house. The atmosphere of the room was cozy and cool at the same time, the open windows allowing a slight breeze to enter. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the dining room, packed with people. I walked over to it and saw Taehyung looking at me. I smiled and so did he as he waved me over to sit down. I nodded my head and walked over to his table. I was only a few feet away when Yukari walked by me, carrying a large suitcase. I was frozen. I felt so bad for what I had done to her. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and continued to walk toward the table.

"Hi Kiaria," Taehyung said, pulling over a chair for me.

"Hi," I replied, looking around the table. There were six guys besides Taehyung, all of them in conversation except for one.

"Guys, this is Kiaria," Taehyung introduced. "This is Yoongi, Seokjin, Namjoon, Jimin, Hoseok, and Jungkook."

I smiled at each of them, but stared at Jungkook for a few seconds. Suddenly, I realized that it was the guy that had questioned me in the hallway earlier. Surprisingly, he scowled at me, got up, and followed Yukari.

"What's wrong, Kiaria?" Taehyung asked, watching me.

"N-nothing, I just zoned out," I lied. "Anyway, um, tell me a little about yourself."

"Okay, well, I'm Taehyung, I'm seventeen, and I love listening to music." He said.

"Really? What kind of music?"

"A variety of genres," he replied. "You know, K-Pop, Pop, Indie, Hip Hop."

"Oh, same."

"How ironic," Taehyung said, skeptically raising an eyebrow. I laughed.

We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Kiaria," Taehyung asked, suddenly serious. "Can I ask you a question?"

I nodded. "Sure."

"Why did Yukari leave as soon as you came in?"

I was taken aback. Looking down at my feet, I replied, "I don't know."

He gently touched my hand that was resting on the table.

"You can tell me."

I looked into his deep eyes full with emotion. Swallowing hard, I said in a firm voice, "I don't know." I moved my hand away.

Taehyung blinked a few times as we began another silence. Luckily, Yukari and Jungkook had followed her were back. He sat down, Yukari next to him. She looked like she had been crying.

Taehyung looked at me. "It's Jungkook's birthday. We're going to celebrate."

I nodded again.

After the candles were lit and everyone had sang to Jungkook, he cut the cake and passed large pieces of the blue and white vanilla cake around to everyone. When he came to me, instead of handing me a piece of cake, Jungkook handed me a napkin in a bowl.

"Enjoy," he said with a fake smile.

My jaw dropped a bit. Why was he doing this? Did Yukari tell him what I had done? Why would she tell him? Heck, how did she know him?

I placed my bowl on the counter and looked into my lap. Why was I doing this?

"You okay?" Taehyung asked me. There was cake smudged on his upper lip and on the side of his lip.

I couldn't help but smile. Taehyung looked confused.

"What?"

"There's cake on your face," I said. "Here." I gave him a paper napkin.

He tried to wipe it off, but missed the area again and again. Finally, I took another napkin and cleaned the icing off. He smiled.

"Thank you."

"No problem," I replied.

-yukari pov-

As Jungkook passed the cake around, Taehyung was talking to Kiaria, Yoongi had his eyes closed, I think he was asleep.

After we ate the cake, Yoongi still had his eyes closed. So, I got up and walked around the table to wake him up. As I was about to tap his shoulder, Namjoon said, "I wouldn't-"

But he was too late. I touched Yoongi's shoulder as he opened his eyes and cursed at me. Then closed his cold eyes yet again.

I was shocked. Kiaria was giggling at me.

I went back to my seat and Jungkook said, "We tried to warn you."

"Oh. Jungkook, I just realized, I didn't get you a present. I'm so sorry."

He smiled. "That's okay, it's not like you knew, anyway."

"I know, but you helped me out, too," I said. "I feel bad."

Jungkook paused before speaking again. "I have a way that you can give me a gift. Stay here after everyone else leaves, okay?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay."

What was he going to do?

I breathed a little and watched the friends in a light hearted conversation. I felt slightly out of place, but it looked like Kiaria did, too.

Finally, after what felt like hours, everyone but Taehyung and Kiaria left. Within two minutes or so, Taehyung spoke to Jungkook.

"Kook, I'll be back in a bit," he said.

"Sure," Jungkook said. He seemed to be glaring at Kiaria.

Within a few minutes, we were the only ones left. Jungkook led me into the hallway off of the dining room, for more privacy.

"So, what can I do?" I asked.

He smiled and grabbed my clammy hand.

"Um, Jungkook, what're you doing?"

"Can I ask you for anything?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, you saved me."

He paused. "Yukari, can I?"

"Can you, what?"

"Y-You know, um," he stuttered. "Can-" he cleared his throat. "-can I kiss you?"

"Um," I thought for a moment. 

He was a complete stranger. 

A stranger that had saved my life. 

I didn't tell him anything, but nodded my head again.

He attached his soft lips to mine. I was bewildered; I had never been kissed before. It went on for a few seconds, long and sweet. Finally, it ended.

"Thank you," Jungkook whispered, pulling away. He smiled at me and walked away to his dorm, leaving me in the dust.

I stood there, speechless. He had just kissed me! What was I to do?

"It is now ten o'clock at night," the voice over the loudspeaker sounded. "It is now the time for all the students curfew. Please enter your dorm rooms."

Crap, I said to myself.

I ran back to my dorm, took a shower, placed my clothes out, and went to bed.