Chapter 3 - Reuniting with the past

"Mia...", my father knocks on my bedroom door again. "Mia...please open up..."

"Leave me alone...", I lay like a cross on my bed, feeling lifeless and trying to stay as far away as possible from the door.

"Do you want me to get Matt?", he suggests.

"No...", I sigh. "That makes things complicated..."

"How about Lee?"

I pause and try to think it through. Well Lee does know about what happened during summer holiday. And I trust him with my secrets.

"Could you?", I ask.

"Of course, pumpkin...", I could hear his footsteps fading as soon as he said it.

I remember that same Friday night. Two years ago. Where that one kiss led to a second. Then a third...then a fourth...then I lost count.

I swung my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. So many questions filled my head during thay moment like: What am I doing?! What will Matt say about this?! What's going to happen if he found out?!

"Stop!" I cried as I pulled away from the long lingering kiss. "This is wrong, Rick! Matt...he...he wouldn't be happy about this!"

"Mia...", he frowned.

"It's wrong! I can't, Rick! I can't!"

"You shouldn't listen to what your brother has to say all the time", he told me. "I promise, Mia..", he gently held my chin between his index finger and thumb, and lifted me up to look at him. "What I feel is real"

My heart raced as the cold wind blew my hair away from my face. "Do you want me?", I spoke softly.

He smiled then leaned down to my ear and whispered "I want you...". "I know you want me, Mia..."

I wake up, startled by the knocks on my door. "Pumpkin. Lee's here!"

I take a deep breath and say "Let him in"

The door bursts open and Lee rushes to me after slamming the door closed. "Girl, are you alright?! Mr R called me and said you're not feeling well?"

"Oh Lee...", I cover my eyes. "This is horrible! Horrible I tell you! Horrible!"

"Come on, Mia. How horrible can it be?", he chuckled. I stare at him, unblinking. Then drag him to the middle of the stairs to see Matt coming out of the kitchen. "Oh! Your brother's here! I don't get it. How is that horrible?"

"Wait for it."

Rick then comes out and they both sat on the couches in the living room. "Come with me.", Lee whispers then drags me back to my room and locks the door. "Holy shit, Mia! You were right! This is beyond horrible! You're in deep shit! And when I say deep- I mean DEEEEEEPPP shit!"

"Yes! I know that! You think I don't know that?!", I panic.

"Snap out of it!", he grabs my shoulders and moves me back and forth. "You need to forget about him, Mia!"

"How?", I frown. "Everytime I look at him, all the memories start to flow in"

"Promise me you'll try your best?", he squeezes my hands. I nod in response which brings him to smile. "Now I'll have to go. I did rush from Cameron's house. I have to get back before dinner starts! See you soon, girl!"

Lee hugs me tightly then left my room. I sigh and take a look at my phone. "Hey Mia"

I quickly turn to see Matt leaning against my bedroom door. "Matt! Hey bro!", I give a nervous smile. Shit. Lee forgot to close the door!

He chuckles then asks "May I come in?"

"Sure..."

He shoves his hands in his pockets and casually walks in, looking at all my pictures and paintings. "I see your room has changed a bit"

"Why aren't you downstairs with your roommate?", I try to sound neutral but inside, it's killing me to even say the word 'roommate'.

"What's going on, sis?", he sits beside me on my bed. "Has this got to do with Rick?"

I can't lie to my brother. He needs to know the truth. "Actually...yes", I fiddle with my thumbs. "He-"

But before I can say it, he says "I know it was unexpected to bring him into our home but his parents are away"

"Trust me. I won't invite him to our house anymore", he holds my hands. "UNLESS his parents are away"

All I want is to tell him but he's making it harder for me. I sigh then smile up at him and nod. He pulls me into a tight hug and says "I missed you, little sis". Well I guess I'll have to wait for now.

My mom suddenly comes into my room and says "Guys, your father and I are going out to visit your grandmother. We'll be back late!"

"Alright, mom", we both smile at her then laugh.

A few hours of ignoring Rick, Matt suddenly comes up to me and says "Mia, I'm going out to get the pizza for the three of us. Be good, alright?"

As he drives away, my stomach's slowly dropping. Rick was still standing next to me, facing the window of my porch.

I turn around and start to walk until Rick grabs my wrist and says "I've missed you"

"Rick. Don't do this", I speak but not daring to turn around to look at him.

"Mia...", he speaks softly. "Do you still love me?"

I swallow hard and cut the conversation short by saying "No."

"You're lying"

"Let me go", I yank my wrist free and walk upstairs. I can hear his footsteps. He must be behind me. Can't this guy take a hint?!

I grab the door handle but a hand grabs mine to stop me. The electrifying spark is flowing through my veins again. I quickly pull my hand away and look up to see Rick.

"Now where do you think you're going?" He raises an eyebrow and blocks the door.

"Going back to my room." I glare at him and gently push him out of my way.

He wraps his hand around my wrist, pulls me close to his hard body and whispers into my ear "I know you want me, Mia..."